Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IND CC window does not close

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,
my IND files can be closed correctly but the main window doesn't close with it. It freezes instead. Thus I always have to go all the way to „close immediately" > indesign > end. That means I have to restart the program from zero for editing my next indesign file.

Thanks for any good advice

UK

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Try resetting your preferences

Restore all preferences and default settings
  1. (Windows) Start InDesign, and then press Shift+Ctrl+Alt. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.
  2. (Mac OS) While pressing Shift+Option+Command+Control, start InDesign. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.

Or try https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your preferences

Restore all preferences and default settings
  1. (Windows) Start InDesign, and then press Shift+Ctrl+Alt. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.
  2. (Mac OS) While pressing Shift+Option+Command+Control, start InDesign. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.

Or try https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Eugene. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did it work? Which one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. (Mac OS) While pressing Shift+Option+Command+Control, start InDesign. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2023 Sep 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Almost exactly 2 years later and this one helkped me also. Thanks to you both for this post.I did the 

1. (Windows) Start InDesign, and then press Shift+Ctrl+Alt. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files. and it fixed my problem which sounds like the same one uk@kueperundkueper.de had. When I'm done with InDesign I try to close the program and it won't close, and it's happened across several weeks. I have to bring up the Windows Task Manager and click InDesign and then End Task and that closes it. As OP noted I then start from scratch on the next start since no settings were save, which for me is very simply the size of the INDD window application and which of my 2 monitors it was on since I only use it to extract texct & images.

This little trick reset all that and it's the first time in a while that InDesign has opened up the way I sized it before closing and on my second monitor screen. Again, thanks to you both!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines