Highlighted

IND CC window does not close

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,
my IND files can be closed correctly but the main window doesn't close with it. It freezes instead. Thus I always have to go all the way to „close immediately" > indesign > end. That means I have to restart the program from zero for editing my next indesign file.

Thanks for any good advice

UK

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Eugene Tyson | Adobe Community Professional

Try resetting your preferences

Restore all preferences and default settings
  1. (Windows) Start InDesign, and then press Shift+Ctrl+Alt. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.
  2. (Mac OS) While pressing Shift+Option+Command+Control, start InDesign. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.

Or try https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

IND CC window does not close

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,
my IND files can be closed correctly but the main window doesn't close with it. It freezes instead. Thus I always have to go all the way to „close immediately" > indesign > end. That means I have to restart the program from zero for editing my next indesign file.

Thanks for any good advice

UK

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Eugene Tyson | Adobe Community Professional

1. (Windows) Start InDesign, and then press Shift+Ctrl+Alt. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.
  2. (Mac OS) While pressing Shift+Option+Command+Control, start InDesign. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.

Or try https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 26, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 26, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Eugene. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 26, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did it work? Which one?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. (Mac OS) While pressing Shift+Option+Command+Control, start InDesign. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 1