• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

INDD to HTML - Questions about how it works! HELP!!!!!

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe community,

First of all, I want say thank you for all support. Every time i need the community is awesome with me and give me a good answers about my questions.

So, this is the thing. I`m a editorial designer from Brazil – (se algum dos amigos for do Brasil, um salve e conto com vocês nessa luta). I work like as many designers here in BR with didactic books, and this work are oriented by and document emitted by our government – call PNLD (National Program of Didactic Books in free translation).

Well, in this year, the government indicates a necessity of a HTML and/or EpuB format of the book.

I and my team need to understand more about the issue. One of you can show me/ or explain me how the HTML works on InDesign?

In a tutorial I learn something about how works the bookmarks, table of contents, Ebup hierarchy in the paragraph styles…and I achieve a reasonable result.

In other try, I found a script it works very well on the conversion, without a lot of setup, I have the same spread page in a number of html archives.

But, I can`t define what`s the difference in those constructions. And, if one or another have impact on the future extensions of the material, like a readable book for (Daisy Digital Accessible Information System)

Someone here are HTML expert to save my week (maybe my year =)?

Love you all. Be safe. Don’t support authoritarianism.

TOPICS
EPUB , How to , Import and export , Publish online , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

The truth is, by itself, InDesign isn't very good for general HTML export. Your best bet is to use the in5 plug-in for InDesign as discussed in this thread:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/help-why-does-indesign-not-do-what-it-s-told/td-p/11876849

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The truth is, by itself, InDesign isn't very good for general HTML export. Your best bet is to use the in5 plug-in for InDesign as discussed in this thread:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/help-why-does-indesign-not-do-what-it-s-told/td-p/11876849

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines