Highlighted

InDesign 15.1.1 crashing / very slow with Mac OS Catalina - placing pdfs

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Automatic update of Catalina last night and now having issues with Indesign - unusably slow to place and resize files - seems to be one pdf in particular. Keeps crashing. I changed the pdf to a tiff as a workaround, but it would be good to know what the problem is. Nothing wrong with the original pdf. 

Using a pretty much brand new iMac

(Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019) 

3 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5

16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Need help, please. 

Topics

Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

InDesign 15.1.1 crashing / very slow with Mac OS Catalina - placing pdfs

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Automatic update of Catalina last night and now having issues with Indesign - unusably slow to place and resize files - seems to be one pdf in particular. Keeps crashing. I changed the pdf to a tiff as a workaround, but it would be good to know what the problem is. Nothing wrong with the original pdf. 

Using a pretty much brand new iMac

(Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019) 

3 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5

16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Need help, please. 

Topics

Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hannah,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. Could you please try placing the PDF into a new file and share your observations? If you want, we can take a look at your file. Please upload the PDF to Creative Cloud (or Similar service) and share the download link (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html). 

If the file is confidential, you may share it via DM.

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have been waiting for your response to this query. Please update the discussion if the issue is resolved or if you have any further query. We'd be happy to help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines