Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 15.1.1 not responding while working on macOS 10.15.6

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have an issue with InDesign hanging seemingly randomly when I open some indd files, add files to book file, run preflight on a book and export to PDF. It doesn't appear to be document related as it works if I force quit and try the process again, and doesn't always happen, but it does occur often. The hanging will happen for around 5-15 minutes. InDesign reads as "Application not responding" during the crash/hanging period and then carries on fine after some time.

I've tried resetting properties. I've now also tried doing a fresh install.

SETUP:

MACOSX 10.15.6

SSD

2,5 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5

8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

InDesign 2020 15.1.1

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you've deleted your ID preferences and cache and you still have problems, I recommend uninstalling InDesign itself and then reinstalling from Creative Cloud app. I also assume you've restarted your computer somewhere along the line, yes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Scott,

Yes, unfortunately this issue has persisted for about two months now, through many system reboots - and even the InDesign update. 

I will try and do an unistall and reinstall via the CC app and let you know if continues to hang.

Many thanks for the troubleshooting.

Kind regards

Scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately the issues still persists after a fresh reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Scott,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I see you have tried reinstalling the app which did not help. I'd request logging into root account (https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204012). Check how application works there. If it works fine there, then it could be related to permission errors. Follow these steps to repair permission errors: 

• Go to Terminal (Go Utilities Terminal.app) 
  • Execute the following command on terminal to provide permission: 
    • sudo chmod -R 777 /Users/<user>/Library/Preferences/Adobe InDesign 
    • sudo chmod -R 777 /Users/<user>/Library/Caches/Adobe InDesign 
    • sudo chmod -R 777 /Users/<user>/Library/Application Support 

Let us know if it makes a difference.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashutosh,

Thank you very much for your assistance.  I will give that a try today and see if it is a permissions issue and report back as soon as possible.

Kind regards

Scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashutosh,

I'm afraid there's no difference with Root user enabled. 

Not sure if this make any difference but I've noticed the CEPhtml Engine not responding during the hang time in the Activity monitor.

Screenshot 2020.png

Kind regards

Scott 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about this trouble. I am hopeful that the issue was fixed. If not, we have recently released an update for InDesign 2020 (v 15.1.2) which contains some stability fixes. If you are not already on v15.1.2, then we recommend you to update to latest version and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

I've experienced similar issues and followed the instructions, however when executing the commands in the termial, it says that all of the files do not exist.

Kind regards, 

A.L

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines