Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 15.1.1. on Mac OS 10.15.6 spins or crashes

Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

InDesign 15.1.1. on Mac OS 10.15.6 spins and spins soon after initiating it, no matter what function I perform. I have to force-quit the application and resart it. Additionally, it crashes when spellchecking. It's a nightmare. I've experinced this problem since March/April, when I first contacted Adobe's Help Centre, and since then have only been able to work by saving the working file as .idml (the .idml file crashes with spellchecking, though). I can save as .indd but not work on that file (because it spins). I've deleted the cash and preferences to no avail. Reintalled the app. Nada. I've come today to this forum to see if anybody else is having this problem. Thanks for any tip. 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you used the cleaner tool to completely uninstall the app before reinstalling it ? a link is on this page for both windows and mac https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/photoshop-elements/kb/elements-installation-error-CC-cleaner-tool.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

also - are you running any specific font programs ? Suitcase or other ? Have you checked your fonts are all ok ? Turn off fonts and see if InDesign works any better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines