Highlighted

InDesign 15.1/15.1.1, CMD+O and CMD+N Not Working while launching on macOS 10.15.5

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a bug tht keeps getting re-introduced with every new update!

When first launching InDesign, CMD+O will not bring up the 'Open File' Dialog and CMD+N does not bring up 'New File'. Instead the commands give a beep associated with an error. After a file has been opened using the Menu, it apprears CMD+O and CMD+N will work correctly until InDesign is quit and relaunched.

It was fixed in the last update of the 15.0.x series, but has now been reintroduced in the new 15.1 and continues in 15.1.1

Running on Mac with Catalina 10.15.5, within InDesign I use the 'Legacy' file dialog.

{Renamed by MOD}

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Have you tried resetting preferences?

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and InDesign will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.
I'd also suggest you checking out Apple support article https://support.apple.com/en-in/guide/mac-help/mchlp2864/mac and see if it helps with the shortcuts.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ashutosh

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

InDesign 15.1/15.1.1, CMD+O and CMD+N Not Working while launching on macOS 10.15.5

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a bug tht keeps getting re-introduced with every new update!

When first launching InDesign, CMD+O will not bring up the 'Open File' Dialog and CMD+N does not bring up 'New File'. Instead the commands give a beep associated with an error. After a file has been opened using the Menu, it apprears CMD+O and CMD+N will work correctly until InDesign is quit and relaunched.

It was fixed in the last update of the 15.0.x series, but has now been reintroduced in the new 15.1 and continues in 15.1.1

Running on Mac with Catalina 10.15.5, within InDesign I use the 'Legacy' file dialog.

{Renamed by MOD}

Hi there,

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and InDesign will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.
I'd also suggest you checking out Apple support article https://support.apple.com/en-in/guide/mac-help/mchlp2864/mac and see if it helps with the shortcuts.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ashutosh

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 24, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 25, 2020 0