• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 15.1.2 freezing up on macOS Catalina

Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 15.1.2, Mac OS Catalina

The recent update claims to have resolved stability issues which is surprising since Id has been displaying some very erratic behaviour recently – both before and after the upgrade (yesterday) – where it suddenley freezes up. Am I alone in this? 

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

When testing that version in beta testing, I had no problems. I'd try restoring your preferences to see if it makes a difference:

Set preferences in Adobe InDesign - Adobe Supporthelpx.adobe.com › indesign › using › setting-preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When testing that version in beta testing, I had no problems. I'd try restoring your preferences to see if it makes a difference:

Set preferences in Adobe InDesign - Adobe Supporthelpx.adobe.com › indesign › using › setting-prefer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reset preferences prior to the update but may as well do it again. Thanks Steve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Does it happen while working with a specific document or while performing a specific task?

In addition to great suggestion given by Steve, I'd request restarting your machine in safe boot and try working on the app there. Let us know how it performs there.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our team has also had many problems with InDesign freezing the last couple days, both before and after the update, mainly when opening larger documents. We are running Mojave on a mid-2015 MacBook Pro. Many of us are holding on the update since it seems to have made the problems worse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

10/20 -- Have the perfomance issues with InDesign 2020 been fixed at all? I have had to go back to my old iMac running Indesign 2018 on El Capitan, because the new version on my brand new MacBook Pro running Catalina was completely unworkable. I can still run Photohop without issue, but the Minute I start Indesign evenn in idle mode and the computer's fans start screaming. I can't scroll, doing anything at all is like I'm back trying to work on my old Mac SE 30. (Heck that was faster.) Is Adobe still telling us to reset prefs and trash the cache? Ridiculous. Please tell me the latest version 15.1.2 actually works. I guess that's my last ditch hope is to install that one next and try again. Or, just remain using 2018 on my 8 year old Mac—which I probably will do for the time being so I can WORK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines