Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 15.1 not opening old documents on macOS Catalina 10.15.5

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Is anyone else experiencing issues whereby inDesign just will not open ANY files apart from new documents??

I cant get my head around it.. absolutely nothing has changed since yesterday, when everything was working just fine..

I've already reinstalled, deleted preferences, gone back to a previous verison but nothing works, it just hand on the beachball of doom when i go to open any previously worked on file.

Any suggestestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Alex

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Hi All, 

Thanks very much for all of your input. It seems that Suitcase Fusion (Extensis) was the issue - After reinstalling that it auto-updated my plugins for InDesign, which solved the issues.

Phew....

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start by telling us some basic information: Please tell us what operating system (exactly) you're running. Please tell us (exactly) what InDesign version you're using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS X V 15.15 5

Adobe Creative Cloud 2020. InDesign 15.1

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When happens exactly when you try to open a file? Lockup? Crash?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you opening from a server or stored locally? If server, have you tried copying local and opening there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alex,

Sorry to hear about your experience. This is not the usual behavior of the app. I see you have tried basic troubleshooting but it didn't help. You may share some sample files with us as old versions are also not opening those files.

Additionally, You may try using Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to remove the existing InDesign installation completely. Once done, install fresh copy of the app.

Let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All, 

Thanks very much for all of your input. It seems that Suitcase Fusion (Extensis) was the issue - After reinstalling that it auto-updated my plugins for InDesign, which solved the issues.

Phew....

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines