Highlighted

InDesign 15.1 x64 extreme lag editing text on Windows 10 PC

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With InDesign version 15.1 x64 and the previous 2 versions, I have extreme lag when trying to edit any text or click any text box. It's so laggy I can't work. I'm running a Windows 10 desktop PC with 32gb ram. Earlier versions worked fine but I can't roll back since my entire work team is making all projects in 15.1 x64.

Correct answer by Lisa_Mac | Community Beginner

Hello,

Thank you for the instructions to resolve this issue. Resetting the prefernces did  solve the main lag issue for me, for regular text editing of my InDesign files. However, when my indesign file has linked images from other documents, the text editing lag returns. When this happens, I repacakge my file and then the lag disapears again. For users of Windows 10, I wanted to add that in order to get to your Users\User\AppData folder, you can type and enter %appdata% in the bottom left side search window of Windows 10, and it will open that folder for you.

TOPICS
Bug, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

InDesign 15.1 x64 extreme lag editing text on Windows 10 PC

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With InDesign version 15.1 x64 and the previous 2 versions, I have extreme lag when trying to edit any text or click any text box. It's so laggy I can't work. I'm running a Windows 10 desktop PC with 32gb ram. Earlier versions worked fine but I can't roll back since my entire work team is making all projects in 15.1 x64.

Correct answer by Lisa_Mac | Community Beginner

Hello,

Thank you for the instructions to resolve this issue. Resetting the prefernces did  solve the main lag issue for me, for regular text editing of my InDesign files. However, when my indesign file has linked images from other documents, the text editing lag returns. When this happens, I repacakge my file and then the lag disapears again. For users of Windows 10, I wanted to add that in order to get to your Users\User\AppData folder, you can type and enter %appdata% in the bottom left side search window of Windows 10, and it will open that folder for you.

TOPICS
Bug, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 17, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you opening documents from a package maybe, in other words: is in the folder of the document also a Documents Folder present? That causes the lag, that is a known bug that they introduced in 15.03 and simply have not fixed and do not care to do so it seems... 😞

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 17, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lisa,

Sorry to hear about your experience. This is not the usual behavior of the app. Please make sure you have Windows 10 and GPU updated to the latest version. You may also try resetting the InDesign preferences once. Please follow instructions below:

• Close all Adobe applications. 
  • Go to Locations : 
  • C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Adobe  
  • C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Adobe. 
  •  Rename InDesign folders to InDesign.old 
  • Launch InDesign from CC. 

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and InDesign will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folders and InDesign will recreate new folders with default settings.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 17, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 01, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am hoping that your issue has been resolved till now. If not, please feel free to update this thread else let us know if any of the suggestions shared above helped you or not.

Regards,

Sheena

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 26, 2020 0
Lisa_Mac LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Please see my response to the previous post.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 01, 2020 0