• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 15.1x64 Crashing when scrolling through pages

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the newest releases for several Adobe products this morning.  Every time I scroll through my InDesign document it crashes when I get to pages with tables that flow from one page to another.  It happens twice in my document and it has crashed at least 10x with no warning and no crash report. It appears to open ok, though I receive the notification that the file might be corrupt.  It has even saved the most recent changes to the document. 

If I use the pages window to jump over those pages, it doesn't crash.  If I scroll or use the pages window to land on these pages, InDesign crashes.  Please help!!

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

I did try copying and pasting it from one document to another with no success.  It kept crashing.  I finally recreated the table from scratch.  It still flowed from one page to the other but it no longer crashed.  It appeared to be doing it in two tables.  One was 8 rows with 3 columns and a header row.  This is the table I recreated.  The other was 3 rows, with 2 columns with two additional columns imbedded in the second column.  So, the second column had content flowing across the length of it

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi shannon11,

do you see that in one specific document only or with all documents that contain tables?

Could you try the following: Copy/Paste the contents of that story to a new document's text frame.

Will scrolling the pages work in that new document?

How many columns and rows does a typical table have where you see the issue?

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did try copying and pasting it from one document to another with no success.  It kept crashing.  I finally recreated the table from scratch.  It still flowed from one page to the other but it no longer crashed.  It appeared to be doing it in two tables.  One was 8 rows with 3 columns and a header row.  This is the table I recreated.  The other was 3 rows, with 2 columns with two additional columns imbedded in the second column.  So, the second column had content flowing across the length of it and then I inserted a table with a single row and 2 columns of bullet points.  Rather than recreating this one, I added an image to the first page of the table, forcing the entire table onto the second page.  Once it was no longer flowing from one page to the other, it no longer crashed the system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And this one:

Did you try to export the document to IDML and open the IDML file as new InDesign document?

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not try that.  I worked it out by recreating one table completely and forcing the other onto a single plage rather than flowing from one page to the other.  See more detail in my response above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Had the exact same problem with scrolling and crashing, this solution worked 100% for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please submit the crash report to us. (Guidelines to submit crash are available at (https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/submit-crash-reports.html )

Also, please send the following information to santalwa@adobe.com :

• Reproducible Steps – What were you doing when InDesign crashed?
  • Video recording of the crash?
  • Is(Are) the issue related to a specific document(s)/asset(s)? If yes, could you provide the document(s)/asset(s) to us? Please package the entire document (To package the document, choose File → Package…)

Adobe InDesign Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No crash report was generated.  It just kept crashing.  The file was fine the night before the update.  After the update, scrolling or landing on a page with a table flowing from one page to another made InDesign close out without a crash report.  I was able to work around it, explained in my response above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have the document in which the issue was reproducible, please share it with us so that we could investigate the root cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to package to send to you but it keeps freezing up.  I actually created another bug issue regarding having the packaging issue on an entirely different document.  I have emailed you the documents with more explanation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am hoping that your issue has been resolved till now. If not, please feel free to update this thread else let us know if any of the suggestions shared above helped you or not.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines