• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 16.0.1 crashes when certain characters appear in a specific order...

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...for example:

I type "‚Orange‘- Red" and remove the space between ‘ and -. Indesign instantly crashes.

Or I apply a paragraph style to the text "‚Orange‘-Red". Again, Indesign crashes.

There seems to be a problem with the character succession ‘-

Has anyone else had an issue like that?

Indesign 16.0.1

MacOS 11.0.1

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt your issue is with character succession. I would try doing what you are doing with the Basic Paragraph Style applied which should be using Minion Pro as the font. Do this with a brand-new document and see if it still occurs. If not, you're likely dealing with a font issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Tahnks for your reply!

Brand new dokument, font is Minion Pro, I type "blablabla‘-bla" and Indesign crashes.

This behaviour nearly drove me insane when I tried to paste large amounts of text to Indesign and it alway crashed. It took several hours until I could pinpoint the problem to that exact successtion of characters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I tried to replicate this but couldn't.

Does it happen with a specific document?

Please try suggestions given on this community post(https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behavior-of-indesign...) & let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines