Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign 16.0 endnotes

Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all!
I installed Indesign 16.0 and soon I discovered a bug with endnotes. When I wanted to convert one endnote to footnote that did happen but Indesign added extra Tabs in front of every remaining endnote in the chain and removed the Tab after the Endnote reference! Then I got one more Tab in front each time I  converted an endnote to footnote. I discovered this after three occasions and I stopped using 16.0 immediately. Did we get a Beta-version for install?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Thanks for the screenshots.

Yes, I think I detected something similar. The conversion process is buggy as hell.

Let me see, I've done some bug reports at InDesign UserVoice in February. You may detect your issue in my reports; don't know the details anymore:

[ CC-2019 and 2020 ] The Convert-Endnotes-To-Footnotes Disaster SCOPE: SELECTION
Uwe Laubender, Feb 20, 2020

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/39755959--cc-2019-and-2020-the-convert-endnotes-to-footn

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eyjolfur5FF7,

can you show some screenshots?

One before, one after the conversion.

All invisible characters showing, also all frame edges.

What's your exact operation system version?

Thank you,

Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uwe

OS 10.15.7

This endnote problem is also in previous version of Indd, 15.0.x and 15.1.3.

Three screenshots, one before conversion, one after one conversion and then another one. Adds more Tabs for each conversion and removed the tak after the reference. Works ok for the endnote, it seems.

Regards

Eyjolfur

Screenshot 2020-11-13 at 10.38.01.png

Screenshot 2020-11-13 at 10.37.45.png

Screenshot 2020-11-13 at 10.37.23.png

   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the screenshots.

Yes, I think I detected something similar. The conversion process is buggy as hell.

Let me see, I've done some bug reports at InDesign UserVoice in February. You may detect your issue in my reports; don't know the details anymore:

[ CC-2019 and 2020 ] The Convert-Endnotes-To-Footnotes Disaster SCOPE: SELECTION

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/39755959--cc-2019-and-2...

[ CC-2019 and 2020 ] The Convert-Endnotes-To-Footnotes Disaster SCOPE: SELECTION with CONTEXT MENU

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/39756448--cc-2019-and-2...

[ CC-2019 and 2020 ] The Convert-Endnotes-To-Footnotes Disaster SCOPE: DOCUMENT

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/39755560--cc-2019-and-2...

Or do your own report.

And please vote for fixing this mess.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this Uwe. They do not seem to be on their toes at Adobe ... 😮

Regards

Eyjolfur

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Read through my bug reports. The best way to convert endnotes to footnotes is to:

[1] Select all the endnote texts.

[2] Use the context menu for conversion if the endnote text is selected.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines