• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 16.1 crashes when editing a CC linked image in Photoshop on macOS Big Sur

Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working on a layout in InDesign using Adobe Stock images linked from Creative Cloud Libraries - if I use Indd to open the linked image in Photoshop, make my edits, resave, Indd crashes. It's not every time, but maybe 1 out of 4 times. Luckily I've never lost any work, but it's pretty annoying, any fixes for this? Have been dealing with it for months.

• Adobe InDesign 16.1
  • Adobe Photoshop 22.3.1
  • Adobe Creative Cloud 5.4.3.544
  • MacOS Big Sur 11.2.3

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it always the same image? Or any PSD image?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not tied to a single image, I use an enterprise account for Adobe Stock so I go through several different assets per day - as far as I can tell, it's only when editing a JPG in PS (usually color correction or adding a clipping path) that I crash once I save and return to Indd - not every time, but enough to where I say a prayer every time I make an edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. Could you please share a few more details like:

• File size of the document
  • Share crash logs by following these steps: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/submit-crash-reports.html 
    While submitting the crash report please use the same email address, with which you are signed in on this community. This will help us find the crash report and help accordingly. 
  • Where you are saving the files (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System /External HDD)? 
  • Also, we would need a sample file where we could replicate this behavior.You can upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the download link.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines