• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 16.2.1 crashes at startup

New Here ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I start InDesign (16.2.1) it crashes at startup. I couldn't find a sollution online. Does anyone know what the problem might be? I've already uninstalled InDesign and reinstalled. Unfortunately it didn't help. 

Is this a known problem? Any tips what I can do?

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try to delete InDesign preferences

Using a keyboard shortcut:
  1. (Windows) Start InDesign, and then immediately press Shift+Ctrl+Alt. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.
  2. (Mac OS) Start InDesign, and then immediately press Shift+Option+Command+Control. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestion Vladan. Unfortunately this didn't work 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. In addition to the suggestion given by @vladan saveljic , I'd request you to try the troubleshooting steps given on this community post(https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/advanced-troubleshooting-for-launch-issues/td-p/11394034?pag...). Let us know if they help.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ashutosh, thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately this didn't work aswell 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's on Big Sur (11.2.3)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have been Experiencing the same problem for the last few days. It is continously freezing and I cannot do anything as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It actually worked yesterday after I updated the latest mac verson and then starts freezing again today 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here Is What happening. My mouse is actually spinning around which is not the arrow in the recorded video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Have you tried resetting preferences of the app?

If not, please try following this help article to do that. Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines