• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 16 Adobe fonts is broken

Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not activate Adobe fonts from within InDesign (new document). I can activate them through the cloud, and my computer then displays a message that the font family is activated. But the fonts are still not available in InDesign 16, while they do work in Illustrator 25. Typing the first few letters of the activated family in the Character panel yields "no matches found".

At one point, browsing through Adobe fonts from the InDesign 16 character panel, instead of family names, only style names were shown, Bold, Light, Extrabold, Bold, Black, Bold, Book, Bold, etc.

After half an hour waiting, the InDesign font menu showed that only one style from the family I activated through the cloud was active, with all styles still active in AI & PS. However, by typing in style names directly, I could also use other styles. It is a mess.

Could it be that ID16 just needs ages to show cloud-activated fonts?

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

I'd try restoring your InDesign preferences as a troubleshooting step:

Adobe InDesign: Rebuilding Preferences and Cache Files ...www.rockymountaintraining.com › Adobe InDesign

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd try restoring your InDesign preferences as a troubleshooting step:

Adobe InDesign: Rebuilding Preferences and Cache Files ...www.rockymountaintraining.com › Adobe InDe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Steve, that helped well.

Now I just need to get rid of "Letter" and "Picas" again :-).

It is so amazing that Adobe still has not understood that European users work with "A4" and "millimeters".

American imperialism is not well received this side of the pond.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines