• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 16 - can't add any objects to a document (frames, rectangle, type, etc)

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I've just updated to InDesign 16.0.0.77, running on MacOS Catalina 10.15.7, and I can't create any new objects in a document.

I press F to add a frame, it shows me a rectangle outline while I drag, but when I let go of the mouse button there is nothing there, no object on the page. It's the same if I use the type or rectangle tools.

I've tried with a new document and with an existing one, but nothing works. I can move existing objects, but not create any new ones.

Everything was working perfectly before I upgraded and now I cannot create any new documents - help!

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Steve - everything randomly started working this morning, so I didn't need to do this, but it's good to know for future reference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines