• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2017 will not launch

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The key combination for triggering resetting of preferences does not work.

I have read everything I can find and have removed various items with no luck.

Is there an installer I can use to uninstall and reinstall?

TOPICS
Activation billing and install , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Prepress Gal,

you can uninstall using your Creative Cloud Desktop App.

Warning: But I have no idea if you are able to install InDesign CC 2017, because Adobe will supply only InDesign 2020 and 2021 with a fresh install of the Creative Cloud.

What's your operating system?

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

(Link modified by the Moderator ^VS)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Yes I did find that same installer and when I tried to run the installer app, it said it was outdated.

I have Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm. Not that I have a solution for this…

But I'm curious: could you post a screenshot of this error message?

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here you go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ouch! The installer app is 32-Bit and Catalina does not allow to run 32-Bit software…

Hm. Maybe this could help then:

https://uk.pcmag.com/old-news/123012/how-to-run-32-bit-apps-in-macos-catalina

Note: A couple of years ago I switched from Mac OS X to Windows 10.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked. Adobe updated their apps to 64 bit in 2008 or so it says. I updated to Catalina a couple of months ago and it had been working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Prepress Gal,

Adobe InDesign's first version with 64 bit was with InDesign CC version 9 in 2012, I think.

It's true, InDesign CC 2017 is a 64 bit application. When it is installed. The installer application you downloaded for InDesign 2017 seems to be written in 32 bit.

One option to make this work would be to boot your Mac with an older OS X.

Or using it with an older machine that has OS X before Catalina. Or you switch to a Windows 10 PC as last resort.

Why do you rely on InDesign CC 2017?
Couldn't you try to install a later version as well?

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. We do have 2020 installed, but we use a plug in for letter setup (variable data). Our server is only at 2017 right now, so we have held back. Our workstations do have both versions installed. The server needs to be updated, but certain things have gotten in the way such as a large buyout and I think there is a substantial cost to upgrade the server to handle the 2020 version. Not sure about the details. The buyout resulted in change in ownership of the software, last week no less, which changed the license and all the older downloads went away. The option to proceed with using 2020 for letter setup is a good one, but that means either we all update to 2020 or just myself and nobody will be able to work on my files when I am out, I think. I am not sure about that yet. I am going to go back and see who and how often we are using the server. Could be the department just needs to move forward without the use of the server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines