Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2018 relink image crash

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I know some users have had trouble getting InDesign 2018 to start up at all, but all was working fine until I went to relink all the images in a document.

It now crashes every time I try to relink images. I've tried re installing it etc but still it crashes every single time.

I've gone back to InDesign 2017 where it all works perfectly.

Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

We have provided an update to CC2018 to addressed crashes and bugs.(If the updates are not available select "Check for app updates" option in Creative cloud application.)

Refer Release notes - https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/release-note/indesign-cc-13-0-1.html

If you still face issue, Please restart your machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Do you have ICC profiles column in the links panel turned on?

Can you please check and confirm if you face the crash even when this option is turned off?

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aman

Since I posted earlier I've tried a 'preferences' reset and it now seems to be working ok.

Thanks

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...which thinking about it would have removed the ICC column from the links panel!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was reminded in another forum that, just before CC 2018 was released, a bug was found which causes a crash when ICC column was checked if you relink. If you can get along without it, leave it unchecked. If it's essential for your work, I'd return to CC 2017. I believe the engineers are aware of the bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW, the ICC Profile is also listed in the Link Info section at the bottom of the Links panel (click the Show/Hide Link Information disclosure button).

While we try to find a fix for the issue, you could use the ICC profile info from the Link Info section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turning the ICC profile off did the trick for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We believe we have a fix available for the same. Can you follow the steps mentioned in the following KB document - https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/crash-fixes-october-2017-release.html and confirm if it resolves your issue?

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We have provided an update to CC2018 to addressed crashes and bugs.(If the updates are not available select "Check for app updates" option in Creative cloud application.)

Refer Release notes - https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/release-note/indesign-cc-13-0-1.html

If you still face issue, Please restart your machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines