• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2018 v13.1 Text Tool causes crash in Windows 10

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I try to use the text tool, InDesign crashes. It happens in several documents; I've tried updating, tried restarting machine. I'm running version 13.1 (64 bit), and have requested an update from our IT department. In the meantime, I'm not able to draw text boxes, insert text, or edit existing text. Any ideas?

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

If you are not getting any option to reset preferences, please follow steps below to do this manually:

• Close all Adobe applications. 
  • Go to Locations : 
  • C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Adobe  
  • C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Adobe. 
  •  Rename InDesign folders to InDesign.old 
  • Launch InDesign from CC. 

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and InDesign will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folders and InDesign wi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which OS version?

The lastest version of InDesign is 15.1.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Windows 10, and ID 13.1 (as noted originally). I've asked the IT department for an update, but they haven't gotten to my request yet. This issue just started a couple days ago, and I've been running the machine this way for probably close to a year. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. In addition to Derek's question, would you mind sharing if you tried resetting preferences?

If not, please try doing that and let us know if it helps. Please follow the instructions on this help article to do that.

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and InDesign will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Let us know if it helps. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't tried resetting the preferences--nothing happens when the Shift+Cntrl+Alt keys are pressed in ID. Now I need a fix for that! 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are not getting any option to reset preferences, please follow steps below to do this manually:

• Close all Adobe applications. 
  • Go to Locations : 
  • C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Adobe  
  • C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Adobe. 
  •  Rename InDesign folders to InDesign.old 
  • Launch InDesign from CC. 

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and InDesign will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folders and InDesign will recreate new folders with default settings.

Let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That did it! Thank you for the help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines