Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2019 doesn't recognize installed fonts

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe,

Can we please fix this? InDesign CC 2019 is a slow mess. The font handling is now a nightmare.

Example: all morning I have been working on a brand book. The file was working just fine. Fonts all working fine. I get to working on a style guide and try to change the leading and it crashed the whole program. When it restarted, it no longer can see that the fonts - brand fonts because I'm working on a brand book - are no longer available on the system. Even though they are installed on the system.

So, I restart the app and delete the preferences. No change.

So, I then restart my computer AND delete the preferences yet again. No change.

I make sure the fonts are installed in both the system AND inDesign's font folder (what is the reasoning behind this treat here?). No change.

If I knew ahead of time that working with InDesign 2019 was going to be such a headache, I never would have downloaded the buggy software. InDesign is the program where designers need the best control over type. I literally NEVER have this issue in Illustrator or Photoshop. Are you rushing to put software out?

Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 12.56.25 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-10-18 at 12.56.44 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-10-18 at 12.57.28 PM.png

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Hi Steve,

As with 2018, the suggestions did not work. I called Adobe customer support - who again confirmed everything was installed correctly and no files were corrupt - and was able to create a work around, which I have to do now with every single file I open in InDesign:

1. create a new document
  2. make a text box and type out some letters and change the font from the default to the desired font
  3. copy the existing document into the new document

This obviously is not ideal. But, it works for the time bein

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Hi All,

We appreciate your patience. The issue is fixed with the latest InDesign version (17.2.1). Please update InDesign to the latest version and see if that helps. 

If you still experience the issue on the 17.2.1 version, then please try resetting the preferences. It will fix the issue.

Let us know if you need further assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear about this. We are currently investigating this issue. I would request if you could upvote this issue here (https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/39577768-missing-fonts-...) and try the steps shared on this similar discussion (https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/missing-fonts-in-indesign-on-macos/m-p/11195710?page=1#M1896...).

It would be really helpful if you could also share OS, version of InDesign and few sample files in comment section. It will help us replicating this issue and resolve it as soon as possible.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seeing that you would like more details to reproduce, let me attach my system info.

For me, ID opens an existing drawing and says the fonts don't exist - like others, I took the time to google all the workarounds and none of them fixed the problem.... Screen Shot 2020-06-17 at 23.13.50.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the details, Tom. Did you try Copy-pasting these fonts from Font Book to InDesign fonts folder (Applications > Adobe InDesign 2020 > Fonts)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that was one of many recommended (potential) solutions. 

Nope, it didn't work. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried user "mandym930203959"s suggestion from Page 1 about clearing filters in the Glyphs panel? This solved my issue and was/has been a life/job/sanity saver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue working with indd cc20 on Catalina 10.15.6. My file was on dropbox and issue resolved when I copied the indd file to my desktop (or most likely, anywhere local). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just happened to me aswell. Adobe step you're game up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Mr Geider,

We are sorry for the trouble. We are able to replicate the issue at our end with multiple fonts on v17.2 & in some instances, on v17.1 as well. We have logged a bug a with the product team last week, and they are currently investigating the issue.

I would request you to upvote this UserVoice (https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/44970238-installed-font...) if not done already. By doing this, you will keep on getting updates related to this issue.

Also, if possible, please share the download link to the fonts which are not showing up in Indesign here or via DM with me.

In the meantime, you may install the older version of Indesign v17.0.1 or earlier until this issue gets fixed.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

We appreciate your patience. The issue is fixed with the latest InDesign version (17.2.1). Please update InDesign to the latest version and see if that helps. 

If you still experience the issue on the 17.2.1 version, then please try resetting the preferences. It will fix the issue.

Let us know if you need further assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines