• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2019 Duplicate Font Issues

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently switched to InDesign 2019 from 2018 and have just experienced first issue. For some reason in 2019 it has duplicated one of the fonts and looks like it is linking to a different font cache location. It is causing me untold problems when finding and replacing as it is causing overrides in Paragraph Styles. This document is fine in 2018 and all fonts are as they should be (ie, only appearing once in the list). Anyone else experienced this?Screenshot 2019-09-24 at 14.25.15.png

TOPICS
Performance , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are extremely sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing with InDesign. I would request if you can share a few more details like:

• Operating System (exact version of Windows/MAC)
  • What type (System font/ Adobe font/ licensed font) of font is this? 
  • Will it be possible for you the share this file? This will help us to replicate this issue at our end and troubleshoot accordingly.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti,

I'm having the same issues, I've just sent you a private message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Naoko,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing the file. I could see the issue at my end too. I have shared your file with our Product team to take a look at it. I will get back to you as soon as I get any response from them.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, Srishti! It's starting to happen with other files as well. I look forward to hearing back!

Thanks,

Naoko

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've also just experienced this problem. All my template pages which are stored in libaries are now placing on my core template page with a duplicate listed font. Like shown in this other reply on this question.  I have painstakenly gone through all the style sheets both on the template pages and a selection of pages placed from templates. Nonthing is conficting or listed differenlty and I only have one font version installed of the font which is being listed twice in find fonts. Both of the duped font listings list the same type on screen highlighted to show what they are set as?!

This has only just started to happen moving from indesign CC 2018 to 2020. We also upgraded from macOS Mojave to Catalina at the same time.

It's major problem as it's failing on the preflight when creating pdf's on inhouse ripping system.  My IT dept here haven't a clue why it's suddenly doing this and telling my I have to find and replace this font every time it gets upload to be pdf'ed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines