• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2019 not activating fonts?

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to 2019, my fonts don't activate when the Document Fonts folder is in the folder with the document as before...anyone else having this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Hi timvh ,

thank you for the video!

Others see this strange behavior as well.

And it is already reported at indesign uservoice :

Clicking document-installed font from font list gives error to "activate font" and doesn't change font. – Adobe InDesign…

I hope the developers will investigate the issue and work on a fix soon.

Add your vote for fixing the bug.

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for me, gone back to older version for now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. Cloud you please confirm which Operating System(Exact Version of Windows/MAC) you are using?

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Susan,

I cannot see this here on my German Windows 10 version of InDesign CC 2019.

Perhaps it is because you open up a legacy document from e.g. InDesign CC 2018.1?
And until it is not saved in CC 2019, closed and reopened again the problem persists?

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Could you please confirm if it is giving "Missing Fonts"  error or "Activate Font" message? They both are different. In case you are getting this

activate fonts.jpg

This is just a promotional banner for Typekit fonts. When you select any Adobe Font in Fonts Menu, there is an option to Activate the Font.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have the same problem.

The fonts in my Documents folder doesn't activate when I choose it.

Its not just a promotional banner like srishti8795206 says.

Im on Macosx 10.14 Swedish system.

Regards Mattias

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, exactly the same problem here, i'm just about to install the previous version of Indesign again.

We've been using Document Fonts for years, it's a shame that this is the end of it...

Edit:

System 10.13.6 on a Mac Pro (Late 2013)

Trashed all .indd prefs, deleted all scripts, deactived all possible fonts in fontbook and font explorer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mattias/ Tim

Sorry to hear about this. Would you mind sharing a few screenshots or a small video?

I would also suggest trying the steps shared in the links below and share results:

Troubleshoot fonts in Adobe applications | Mac OS X

Troubleshoot font problems | Windows

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi srishtib8795206,

here's my action movie to select a font without clicking it,

first couple of times i show that clicking does not work, only the last one succesfull by pressing 'enter' while hovering over the font...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi timvh ,

thank you for the video!

Others see this strange behavior as well.

And it is already reported at indesign uservoice :

Clicking document-installed font from font list gives error to "activate font" and doesn't change fo...

I hope the developers will investigate the issue and work on a fix soon.

Add your vote for fixing the bug.

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there i managed to 'activate', by hovering my cursor above the desired font in the font list, do not click it, just hang 'over' and hit the 'enter/hard return', maybe it also works for you...

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, that works!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishtib8795206Screen Shot 2019-01-16 at 2.59.27 PM.png

On my end -- I get the "Missing Font" error.  The font was gathered when I packaged last time, but 2019 will not recognize those fonts.  I am starting to believe it is only happening with OTF fonts.. but I am going to watch that more closely.  2018 opens it fine -- it is definitely a 2019 issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Troy,

Sorry to hear about this. In case they are installed on the system you can make fonts available in InDesign by copying the font files into the Fonts folder inside the InDesign application folder on your hard drive.

For MAC: Finder > InDesign CC 2019 > Fonts

Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copying contents of packaged font folder to the InDesign Application Font folder worked for me, but I can't do this for every document originally packaged in InDesign 2018 or earlier. I hope this is fixed soon. Switching back to 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Susan,

did some tests with documents using fonts with Document Fonts folders.

No issues so far. I'm on Windows 10 German. What is your operating system?

Another important question:
Did you migrate preferences from legacy versions while installing InDesign CC 2019?
I did not. Maybe that makes a difference…

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The comment of timvh helps, hitting Return activates the fonts.

But I must say: This version is buggy as hell, my PC lags every time (Win10 rev. 1809, i7, 16GB RAM). And these steady hints are extremely annoying. Think I downgrade to the previous version (if it's possible ...).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem! I HATE the way the new font menus are set up! And I can't activate any Adobe fonts. This is a very serious problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me too, with upgrade to 2020 version....what I have noticed is when you package files now...the only difference I can see is that "Document fonts" now spells "fonts" with a lower case "f" where as before it was a upper case "F". That seems to be what is tripping it up!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi tppdesign2,

can you tell what the version of InDesign was where the folder was named "Document Fonts" with upper case "F"?

If I package a document with e.g. InDesign CS6 version 8 the folder that is created by the process is named "Document fonts" with lower case "f".

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines