Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign 2019 performance issues

Contributor ,
Nov 03, 2019 Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have recently upgraded to 2019 14.0.3 on Windows 7 x64. Indesign CC 2019 seems much slow compared to previous versions. Also, I have this layour adjustments acting wierd. 

I need to adjust margins to an existing book. When I check Adjust layout and change the margins for Master page, all frames mergs in the center like attached screenshot. I never seen such behaviour. I thought because of the headers and footers and removed them frm the master pages , thinking to add later. The main text frames itself adjusting to center like a bubble square. Not sure what to do. I can't manually place the frames on every page. I hope someone would have comeacross this earlier.

margins.JPG

Thanks and Regards

Eswari

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are your system specs for RAM, processor and are you using an SSD?

Please note that you will be unable to install the next version of Creative Cloud applications as they will not be supported under Windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

8GB RAM. I am not using SSD. I am planning to upgrade to Windows 10 soon. It's in process. 

I just wanted to finish my projects using existing InDesign CC 2019 on Windows 7 x64bit. Why the frames merging to center when margins adjusted? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

16 GB is the recommended minimum, an SSD is a very cheap upgrade if you're going to Win 10 anyway now's the time to do it. I just added this one to my system for data in addition to the one running the O/S and programs: https://amzn.to/2NAPZbx

What processor are you running?

Your screenshot is so small I can't tell what's going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies for the delay. 

I am worried about only the below issue. Can it be fixed? Or is it problem if we work on Windows 7 system?

I tried to change the margins settings, when i click on Adjust Layout, all the frames on the page gets centered like in the below screenshots.

Before Selecting Adjust Layout all the frames are intact like in first screenshot. and after selecting the adjust layout, all the text frames on the master page getting merged in the center like in the screeshot.

BeforeAdjustLayout.JPGAfterAdjustLayout.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What happens if you don't use adjust layout?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines