• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign 2019 randomly crashing when saving

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every single day my InDesign will crash when saving an Ind file or PDF. Sometimes it will save fine, and others it misbehaves. I'm starting to think it's waiting for the worst possible moment to shut down.

After crashing it also erases my toolbar and window configuration. It also opens weeks worth of old files in an attempt to recover them.

I've had this problem for close to a year, but it's getting even worse as of late. This issue has followed me from an Time Machine backup to my brand new 2017 iMac. I've uninstalled/reinstalled several times, reset my preferences, but nothing is working.

I'm at a loss for what to do at this point. This is my work computer and it's put me in a lot of close calls.

Anyone have an idea what's going on?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

You've applied some of the more common “solutions” but I somehow think that perhaps you have one or more corrupted document files that are causing the crashing.

One solution that often works to problematic documents is to save a copy as an IDML file. Then quit InDesign. Restart InDesign and open the IDML file instead of the INDD file. Assuming everything is OK, resave as INDD and continue on.

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've applied some of the more common “solutions” but I somehow think that perhaps you have one or more corrupted document files that are causing the crashing.

One solution that often works to problematic documents is to save a copy as an IDML file. Then quit InDesign. Restart InDesign and open the IDML file instead of the INDD file. Assuming everything is OK, resave as INDD and continue on.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You Sir are a genius! This worked for me, was struggling for 2 hours trying to find a way to export my file. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system are you running on your iMac? Since it is a work computer does that mean that you are running InDesign over a network? If you are on a network try working locally ad see if the problem persists. If you are on a network check with your network administrator to make sure that the network software is compatible with your version of InDesign and your operating system.

When you uninstalled and reinstalled did you do it in the following manner?: In the app section of your Creative Cloud desktop app click on the “V” next to the app’s (InDesign) name and choose the “Uninstall” option from the pull-down menu that appears. After you’ve run the uninstall then use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems  . Then reinstall the program through the Desktop app. Before you reinstall, once again trash all preference files to make sure that your install is completely clean. Then launch InDesign and see if the problem persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines