Highlighted

InDesign 2020 (15.0.2) is creating extra folders (AdobeFnt.lst ) automatically after packaging files

Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone noticed that the latest version of InDesign 2020 (15.0.2) is recreating extra folders after files have been packaged with images and fonts? Basically, I just packaged a layout by saving it to an alternative 'work' folder that sits on my desktop. Once that was complete I moved the packaged folder back to the original job folder alongside other material associated with the project.

The issue occurred as soon as I opened that InDesign file once again. After doing this, a new folder (same name as the packaged material) reappeared in the 'work' desktop folder. It only contains a Document Fonts folder, so no duplicate Links or a copy of the InDesign files itself. Weird behavior though, I've not seen anything like this before and it's only started happening after the very recent upgrade.

At least the awful CMD-Z undo bug seems to have been fixed though.

{Renamed by MOD}

Hi,

Sorry about the trouble this issue has caused. We've fixed this in the latest release. Please update your InDesign to v 15.0.3 to get this fixed.

Here's a link with more details: https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/39846805-adobefnt-lst-automatically-reappears-after-deletin

Regards,

Srishti

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

InDesign 2020 (15.0.2) is creating extra folders (AdobeFnt.lst ) automatically after packaging files

Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone noticed that the latest version of InDesign 2020 (15.0.2) is recreating extra folders after files have been packaged with images and fonts? Basically, I just packaged a layout by saving it to an alternative 'work' folder that sits on my desktop. Once that was complete I moved the packaged folder back to the original job folder alongside other material associated with the project.

The issue occurred as soon as I opened that InDesign file once again. After doing this, a new folder (same name as the packaged material) reappeared in the 'work' desktop folder. It only contains a Document Fonts folder, so no duplicate Links or a copy of the InDesign files itself. Weird behavior though, I've not seen anything like this before and it's only started happening after the very recent upgrade.

At least the awful CMD-Z undo bug seems to have been fixed though.

{Renamed by MOD}

Hi,

Sorry about the trouble this issue has caused. We've fixed this in the latest release. Please update your InDesign to v 15.0.3 to get this fixed.

Here's a link with more details: https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/39846805-adobefnt-lst-automatically-reappears-after-deletin

Regards,

Srishti

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 04, 2020 11
145 Replies 145
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The AdobeFont.lst file created with InDesign packages automatically shows up with folder structure after deleting a package. Risk of making a mistake in deleting folders.  A folder with the same name is automatically generated

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 04, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patrizia,

can you tell in more detail what happens? A step-by-step description of what you did perhaps?

What's your exact version of InDesign? What's your operating system's version?

Something like that was already reported today with InDesign 2020 version 15.0.2.323:

InDesign is creating extra folders after packaging files
Tony_Seddon

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/indesign-is-creating-extra-folders-after-packaging-files/td-...

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 04, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I package Indesign folder, recreating extra folders after files have been packaged with images and fonts. If i put them in the trash, a new folder recrate in a few minute

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 04, 2020 0
Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving thread to the InDesign forum from Get Started

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 04, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've the same problem

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 04, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It stops happening for a particular file/folder if you quit and relaunch InDesign, so there must be a caching issue somewhere I guess?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 04, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, although I can't say specifically that it is happening when I am packaging a file. I 'think' it has happened to me several times over the past few days where I have zipped a project folder and then deleted the folder, only to have it reappear on my desktop or my 'in progress' folder where it had lived.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 04, 2020 2
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it happens after a few minutes not immediately

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 04, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually yes, you're right, it must have also happened when I Zipped up a copy of a folder to send to someone via WeTransfer. I thought at the time I'd left it there by accident and couldn't work out why it was just Document Fonts and not the file and images as well. Must have been caused by the same bug.

There's a danger of overwriting the important folder with the bogus copy so this could be quite nasty if one isn't careful. Any ideas Adobe?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 04, 2020 3
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a grpahic designer at a print shop, so I go throu a lot of files daily. And when we are done, we package the INDD files and archive them for future use. I also made the mistake of updating to Catalina when it first came out which has been lots of problems. Anyways, the last two days, I package my files, and I try to move them over to my server, and there is this one lingering file "AdobeFnt21.lst" left in the "document fonts" folder, that wont trasnfer over. So I delete it, and they kee popping back up. I have Googled alot. And I have done a few things, like clear font caches, search every instant of the "AdobeFnt21.lst" on my computer and delete them all, nothing is working. Has any one had this issue?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 04, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think have the same issue with InDesign (15.0.2).

Before moving or renaming the packaged folder, it seems to be a good idea to close the original file and quit INDD once.

I hope this issue will be fixed soon.

And there were several posts about it in https://indesign.uservoice.com/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 04, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the links and response. Yep turns out quitting and re-opening InDesign does help, but not just once, after every single time. I have created a folder on my desktop, that I package everything in, then move the folder to the designated spot I need it, and at the end of the day, I close o ut of INDD, delete that folder, and restart my computer and start fresh the next day. So annoying!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 09, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, same thing happening here. Just started happening this week. Hmmph.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 05, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quitting and re-opening InDesign each time is the only solution so far. Its a dub work around, just to not have all these extra files laying around. I have bene putting them in a trash fodler on my desktop, then at the end of the day quit INDD and then delete the folder!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 09, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue on Windows 10. Indesign version 15.0.2. Noticed it started just over a week ago

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 09, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downgraded to 15.0.1 and problem went away. But it reset all preferences. Worth it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 09, 2020 2
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot, I'll try this. So annoying! Hope Adobe can fix this in an update soon. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 14, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Search the forum. Yes, it's been reported.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 09, 2020 0
Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi together,

the developers are working on a solution.

You could test a fix when working with the latest prerelease version of InDesign that currently is not released through the CC Desktop app. You could comment on this issue and vote for a fix at InDesign UserVoice:

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/39846805-adobefnt-lst-a...

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 14, 2020 2