• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2020 (15.1.1) keeps crashing on macOS Catalina

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign 2020 (version 15.1.1) keeps crashing on - as it seems - scrolling in the file I'm working in. It also crashes using the sidebar or the key-combination CMND and SPACEBAR and on zooming. I tried deleting the preferences but that didn't do the trick. After it crashes once, it keeps crashing every time I open the file again.

I am working on an iMac 27", late 2019 on Catalina (10.15.5).

Does anyone have the same problem?

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing with InDesign. I am hopeful that the issue is resolved by now. If not, please share the following details:

• Is the issue related to a specific document? If yes, could you please share the document with us? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the download link.
  • Where the files are saved (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System /External HDD)?
  • When did thi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing with InDesign. I am hopeful that the issue is resolved by now. If not, please share the following details:

• Is the issue related to a specific document? If yes, could you please share the document with us? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the download link.
  • Where the files are saved (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System /External HDD)?
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently.

You may also try resetting InDesign preferences manually. Preference settings are saved each time you quit the application. Crashing and unexpected behavior in application can be caused due to corrupt/ damaged preferences. Please follow these steps and let us know how it goes:

• Close all adobe applications 
  • Go to Locations:  
  • ~/Library/Caches 
  • ~/Library/Preferences 
  • Rename Adobe InDesign and com.adobe.indesign to Adobe InDesign.old and com.adobe.indesign.old 
  • Launch InDesign from the CC 

Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and InDesign will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folders and InDesign will recreate new folders with default settings.

Another possible issue could be Permissions errors on InDesign preferences folders. Here (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/preferences-folder-read-only-issue.html) are the steps to resolve that.

Let us know if this information helps or you have any further questions. We'd be happy to assist.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I hope your issue is resolved already but in case you need more assistance please reply to this thread. 

Else, if the solution above helped, please confirm. 

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since the latest update InDesign (15.1.2), I have the same problem. It will launch but as soon as I start any action, like going to preference panel, open a file, the spinning colour ball will show up until I force quit. I have tried deleting/ renaming cache and preference like you suggested above. I have tried to uninstall and installed a lower version, then it won't even launch. I have tried to uninstall all the Adobe CC apps and Creative Cloud Desktop app, and reinstall everything, it's just the same issue with InDesign. I don't have any issue with other Adobe CC 2020 apps, it's just InDesign I have the problem. 

My computer is iMac (late 2013) running macOS Catalina 10.15.7. / 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7/ NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M 2 GB/ 32 GB RAM

Regards,

Linda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear this. 

Were you able to try the above-mentioned steps? Were there any observations to share?

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, that it won't even load, it simply crashes and then asks to send a report to adobe. I tried updating to latest inDesign and then it said i don't have proper equipment to update. I am not sure what I would be missing... So i uninstalled and then put the old version back on and it still just crashes.

Using MacOS Catalina 10.15.4

Processor: 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory: 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB

has anyone found a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need much more RAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines