Highlighted

InDesign 2020 (15.1.1) stuck while "activating font" on macOS Catalina

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC reports a font could not be activated due to a conflict, yet the "Activating Font" task is stuck until I quit InDesign. When I try to export a PDF, it is stuck behind these never-ending tasks in the queue, thus preventing me from exporting it. Bug?

(MacOS Catalina 10.15.4, Indesign 15.1.1)

This keeps going until I quit iDThis keeps going until I quit iD{Renamed by MOD}

I am also having this issue woth 15.1.1. Tried the help link steps with no avail. Must be a google font syncing issue. Went back to v15.1 from 15.1.1 and works fine. 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

InDesign 2020 (15.1.1) stuck while "activating font" on macOS Catalina

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC reports a font could not be activated due to a conflict, yet the "Activating Font" task is stuck until I quit InDesign. When I try to export a PDF, it is stuck behind these never-ending tasks in the queue, thus preventing me from exporting it. Bug?

(MacOS Catalina 10.15.4, Indesign 15.1.1)

This keeps going until I quit iDThis keeps going until I quit iD{Renamed by MOD}

I am also having this issue woth 15.1.1. Tried the help link steps with no avail. Must be a google font syncing issue. Went back to v15.1 from 15.1.1 and works fine. 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 09, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. Looks like there is some issues with Font syncing. Please try steps share on this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/fonts/kb/troubleshoot-font-activation.html) and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 11, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you this helps! 

My issue was the fonts were already somewhere in my computer. I hunted them down, deleted them, dis-activated from Creative cloud, and then reactivated my font family, and Voila! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm hoping that the issue is resolved for you. 

If the above-mentioned solution or suggestion helped, please mark it correct.

If not, do let us know so that we can assist you further.

Regards,

Sheena

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what an absolute fcking joke this is.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't even quit out of indesign because these stalled process prevent qutting. this is embarassing. shame on you adobe. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anthony,

Sory about this experience. Could you please share a few more details like:

• OS and version of InDesign
  • Is the issue related to a specific document? If yes, could you please share the document with us? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the download link. 
  • Where the files are saved (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System /External HDD)? 
  • What type of fonts are these (Adobe fonts/ system fonts/ Google fonts)?
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently. 
  • Have you already tried the steps I shared above?

We’re here to help, just need more info.   

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2020 0