Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2020 (15.1.2) crashing on macOS High Sierra

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon,

I finally had extra time today and updated my 2020 apps to the latest versions. AI, Photoshop & Bridge seem to be fine, the only one having issues is InDesign v 15.1.2.  If it opens a file it's very slow,  but most times it crashes and wants to recover, any option I choose Indd quits. Then when I try to open InDesign again and open another doc, it quits again!

I'm on an iMac OS 10.13.6 (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017), 3.8 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4 Ram

Any suggestion would be helpful.

Sue

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. I would request if you could share a few more details like:

All this information will help us understand the issue better an assist your accordingly. We're here to help, just need more info.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti,

Thanks for getting back to me. I've had some time to research this problem myself and it seems as though it's that one document. It was on an external SSD as all of my files are located. I also copied it to my desktop and had the same problem. I have worked on several other files and created new work with no issues. I can't share the file with you on a public site due to © restrictions.

When it does crash, I can't even re-open InDesign. I have to shut everything down and restart my Mac. If I don't, I keep getting the crash report dialog box over and over again, no matter what I select and the program just doesn't work.

I'm going to restore that file from Time Machine to a different location and hopefully that will take care of the problem for that one file.

Thanks,

Sue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the information Sue! There are multiple factors both internal and external to the application that can lead to document corruption, however, we can take a look and see if the file can be repaired. Please email your InDesign file to  idfile@adobe.com and we will take a look at the document. 
If the file is larger than 10 Mb, you can upload to Creative Cloud account (or Dropbox) and send us the document link.

I must also inform you that file recovery can't be guaranteed with a 100% success. We'll surely try our best.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could attempt to re-open the partially-corrupt problem file and immediately export to .IDML. Re-open that IDML file and save it to a new InDesign file. Oftentimes, minor corruption is healed with this trick.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

I can't even get that far! Whether I drag the file to the dock over the Id icon or go File> Open in InDesign it instantly crashes. That's why I thought it was an update issue at first. But since believe it's just that single file.

I'm going to keep working on it.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try reinstalling InDesign 15.1.1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you try updating to 15.1.3?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines