• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2020 (15.1.2) keeps crashing while not letting me save any files.

Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a graphic designer trying to save InDesign files on my computer/company server. It worked fine yesterday but today it is not letting me save ANY file from the server or my hard drive. I keep getting these notifications if I try to export or Save/Save As. 

I have restarted my comp, tried older versions of InDD, and gotten on another account in the computer and it still won't let me save anything. Can someone help???

Screen Shot 2020-09-04 at 1.10.17 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-09-04 at 10.57.51 AM.png

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Import and export , Performance , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. In addition to the suggestions shared above, please try exporting your work as IDML to Desktop. Once done, try resetting InDesign preferences and then saving the files first to the Desktop and then on the server. 

You may also try the steps suggested on this page. Let us know if this helps, or the issue still persists.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well... The first message warns you that the disk may be locked or full. Did you check this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disk and server have tons of room

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try to reset preferences?

But if this occurs with other InDesign versions, maybe the problem is with your system, not inDesign. Are you able to save with other applications?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. In addition to the suggestions shared above, please try exporting your work as IDML to Desktop. Once done, try resetting InDesign preferences and then saving the files first to the Desktop and then on the server. 

You may also try the steps suggested on this page. Let us know if this helps, or the issue still persists.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it worked!!! thank you so much!

--
*Maddie Kennedy*
Interactive Graphic Designer I eCornell
*Cornell University*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Best not to include personal contact details on this public forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines