• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2020 15.1 almost unusably slow on Mac Catalina 10.15.5

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every version seemed to work fine until this update yesterday. Seems so sluggish. Click--wait--then move a text box. Here is what I have:

June 2017 27" iMac

24 GB RAM

Fusion Drive

Suitcase Fusion 21.1.1 (also updated yesterday). I cleaned the font cache today. No help.

Thanks for your help!

Dennis

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

I will reply to my own message.

I tried uninstalling inDesign completely. Did NOT import any preferences, I just saved the files with settings I wanted to the desktop (workspace I like, pdf export .joboptions) before I deleted it. I should state that I used the Creative Cloud App uninstall option. I reinstalled inDesign and in all fairness, I seem to have noticed none of the sluggishness I experienced earlier. This is preliminary, as I haven't done anything complicated today, just magazine type

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Tried it. Doesn't help much. After a little use (hour) starts acting sluggish again. But helped a little I think right after the prefrences were redone. Any other suggestions?

Thank you!

Dennis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will reply to my own message.

I tried uninstalling inDesign completely. Did NOT import any preferences, I just saved the files with settings I wanted to the desktop (workspace I like, pdf export .joboptions) before I deleted it. I should state that I used the Creative Cloud App uninstall option. I reinstalled inDesign and in all fairness, I seem to have noticed none of the sluggishness I experienced earlier. This is preliminary, as I haven't done anything complicated today, just magazine type of production work. BUT - it definitely seems snappier.

Dennis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines