Highlighted

InDesign 2020 (15.1) crashes while exporting PDFs - Fixed in 15.1.1

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help please... I am self taught but do produce a community magazine which I need to send urgently to printers - since the new version of Indesign appeared it will not export to pdf - whilst waiting InDesign just closes????  Desperate now and dont know how to work out what the issue is...

{Renamed by MOD}

Hi all,

Sorry about the trouble this issue has caused. We've fixed this in the latest release. Please update InDesign to v15.1.1 to get this fixed.

Here's a link with more details: https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180/suggestions/40680952

Regards,

Srishti

Topics

Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

InDesign 2020 (15.1) crashes while exporting PDFs - Fixed in 15.1.1

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help please... I am self taught but do produce a community magazine which I need to send urgently to printers - since the new version of Indesign appeared it will not export to pdf - whilst waiting InDesign just closes????  Desperate now and dont know how to work out what the issue is...

{Renamed by MOD}

Hi all,

Sorry about the trouble this issue has caused. We've fixed this in the latest release. Please update InDesign to v15.1.1 to get this fixed.

Here's a link with more details: https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180/suggestions/40680952

Regards,

Srishti

Topics

Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI All - my InDesign docs keep crashing when I try to relink images or export to pdf, then closes the package completely- what can I do?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

where are stored the links? On your hard drive? A shared folder? It could be a permission issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We updated our apps to the June 2020 version (subscribe to creative cloud) and the InDesign program crashes when we try to export to PDF. Is anyone else experencing this or know how to fix it?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My team and I are having the same problem. Exporting .pdf's or placing documents crashes .INDD 2020. We had to uninstall and go back to 2019. Hopefully Adobe publishes another update soon

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to the latest version (15.1), and now cannot export files to PDF.

Tried to export a range (1-4, 85-88) and app just hung.

Tried to export the whole file, just in case a range was problematic - same issue.

Am downgrading the 15.0.3 version......

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're talking about getting you by right now — not the ultimate answer.

1-print to pdf.jpg

1) Go to the File>Print dialog box. Select your color proof output device. Click the Printer... button. When the Printer dialog box opens, Click the PDF button at the lower-left and first try the Save as Adobe PDF button, which offers you multiple profiles, including (hopefully) the custom profile your printer prefers you to use for your community magazine.

If that doesn't work,

2-print to file.jpg

2) Return to the File>Print dialog box. In the Printer: options box, choose PostScript File. This lets you save a .ps output file, which can be turned into a PDF with Acrobat Distiller. When you open Acrobat Distiller, choose your preferred PDF settings in the Default Settings: options box, again, which hopefully includes the preferred custom settings for your printer, then go to the File>Open menu command, navigate your way to your created .ps file and open it to create your community magazine PDF.

2a-open ps file.jpg

Neither one of these ways is the preferred way to create a PDF file. The preferred way to create PDF files is not working, though. When you're on deadline, you do what you need to do. Be sure to alert your printer rep what you've done, and be sure to review a proof before you go to press with your print rep. Don't wait to find out that you've got problems after the magazine comes out of bindery.

Good luck,

Randy

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, don't use PostScript with InDesign as it does not support Color Management nor Transparency.

Only create PDFs with Export.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the content of your file?

1. Did you use EPS? Replace them with AI or PDF/X-4.
  2. Can you export some of the pages? If a specific page cannot be exported you have to look there if some problems are found. Export first the first half of the document, then the other, if one of them does not export you have to narrow down to find the problem.

If this does not work, go back to the previous version to create a PDF. If you have critical work to do you should never upgrade immediately.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines