Highlighted

InDesign 2020 – Can't Save indd or Export IDML at all

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

Problem: I can't save or export any files, old one or new ones. I can open them but the app doesn't answer when I try to save, no error message. Just the wheel and I have to force quitting. Can't export IDML too (stops at 4-10%). 

Don't have the problem with Illustrator or Photoshop.

I was on InDesign CC 2017 (and the problem occured). So now I'm on InDesign 2020, i cleaned Adobe Creative Cloud and reinstall InDesign 2020 twice.

I'm on Mojave 10.14.6
MacBook Pro (Retina 13", early 2015)  

I'm using Font Explorer with a proper licence too.

Any help, this is a hard one.

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Please try suggestions below and let us know if it helps:

1. Reboot the system into Safe Mode (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/global/start-safe-boot-mode-mac.html) and check how it works there. It starts your system so that it performs certain checks and prevents third party software/ services from automatically loading or opening. If it works fine in Safe mode, then there is some third party service or application like antivirus, plugins or web extensions which are conflicting with the InDesign. 
  2.  If that doesn't help either, login to root account (https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204012). Check how application works there. If it works fine there, then it could be related to permission errors. Follow these steps to repair permission errors: 
  • Go to Terminal (Go Utilities Terminal.app) 
  • Execute the following command on terminal to provide permission: 
    • sudo chmod -R 777 /Users/<user>/Library/Preferences/Adobe InDesign 
    • sudo chmod -R 777 /Users/<user>/Library/Caches/Adobe InDesign 
    • sudo chmod -R 777 /Users/<user>/Library/Application Support 

Let us know how it goes. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

InDesign 2020 – Can't Save indd or Export IDML at all

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

Problem: I can't save or export any files, old one or new ones. I can open them but the app doesn't answer when I try to save, no error message. Just the wheel and I have to force quitting. Can't export IDML too (stops at 4-10%). 

Don't have the problem with Illustrator or Photoshop.

I was on InDesign CC 2017 (and the problem occured). So now I'm on InDesign 2020, i cleaned Adobe Creative Cloud and reinstall InDesign 2020 twice.

I'm on Mojave 10.14.6
MacBook Pro (Retina 13", early 2015)  

I'm using Font Explorer with a proper licence too.

Any help, this is a hard one.

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Please try suggestions below and let us know if it helps:

1. Reboot the system into Safe Mode (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/global/start-safe-boot-mode-mac.html) and check how it works there. It starts your system so that it performs certain checks and prevents third party software/ services from automatically loading or opening. If it works fine in Safe mode, then there is some third party service or application like antivirus, plugins or web extensions which are conflicting with the InDesign. 
  2.  If that doesn't help either, login to root account (https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204012). Check how application works there. If it works fine there, then it could be related to permission errors. Follow these steps to repair permission errors: 

Regards,

Ashutosh

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 09, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Presumably you've tried resetting the InDesign preferences?

How much RAM and spare disk capacity do you have?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Derek,

Yes I deleted-reset the preferences several times. It doesn't change the probleme.

My setup is:

16Go 1867 MHz DDR3

and 18Go left on my hard drive. 

V

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 10, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 10, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ashutosh and thank you.

The rebooting in Safe Mode step worked!

I mean in Safe mode I can save my files again. Didn't try the Root thing then.

Any ideas on how I can target the third part app that is blocking my InDesign? (no antivirus for me)

Regards,

Vincent

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 10, 2020 0