• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign 2020 cannot work with 2 files open

Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version of Indesign and I am having issues while working with two indesign files open at once. One file open is fine but when I open a second file, Indesign says "Not responding" in the task manager, the whole program freezes and the only thing I can do is cancel the program from the task manager. I am running Windows 7 (my work laptops have yet to upgrade to Windows 10). 

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a Mac user but I believe InDesign 2020 needs Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a Mac user myself amd really dislike Windows for design work but that is what my company uses... 

Funny you say that because we did a test on a Windows 10 system (in the near future we have to use windows 10 so were are testing it) and Indesign didn't even open! it crashed at every launch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without the full system specs and the build number of Windows 10 as well as the Mac specs there is no way to make a comparison.

That said, 2020 is supported under Windows 7 SP1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You certainly are entitled to your preferences, but the fact is that in terms of functionality, there is no difference between InDesign on Windows versus MacOS. Literally millions of Adobe customers use InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Acrobat on Windows. In the case of InDesign, I have been using it on my Windows systems since the first beta releases of InDesign well over 21 years ago.

If you have a situation in which “InDesign didn't even open” on Windows 10, it sounds like it either (1) didn't fully or properly install, (2) there are driver issues on your system, (3) your Windows 10 OS and/or drivers for same (especially video drivers) might need updating, and/or (4) there are file / directory permissions issues that need to be checked out.

In terms of Windows 7, be aware that Microsoft no longer supports Windows 7 in terms of updates, especially security updates. Use at your own risk.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see my original post. " I am having issues while working with two indesign files open at once." This is my issue that I am having and have yet to figure it out. I can only work in one file. Two files the whole thing freezes and doesn't respond.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you still haven't given us your system specs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is this what you're looking for? 

Specs.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines