• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2020 Convert Text To Outline

Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm stuggling to convert text into outlines. 

I have a 250 page InDesign book that I can't get to export with the text in an outline.

Any help?

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Participant , Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Hey there, Go to Preflight in Acrobat then convert font to outlines this is the best way.

Screen Shot 2019-12-18 at 5.57.31 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

> I've tried what that 9 year old article says.

You're right, apologies. That was an older answer -- as you can see, your specific request has been discussed (and discouraged) more than once. I was actually looking for https://indesignsecrets.com/outlining-fonts-the-2016-edition.php

(Just for the record: it re-states that (1) outlining fonts is bad practice; (2) you should not be doing it; (3) .. even if your obvious clueless printer "demands" it; (4) but if you do, use Acrobat Pro. Dov Isaac's official advice

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2019 Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies for not responding. THANK YOU to everyone who took the time to respond.  Let me clarify…

The 250 page book I’ve created with InDesign is a photobook.  There are only 2 pages dedicated to text and page numbers on each page.  So there isn’t a lot of text to start with. 

However, the printer I’m working with wants text converted to outlines.  Yes, I’ve read that if a printer requires this, they’re working with old or outdated equipment and you find a new printer.  Unfortunately, at this stage, I’m committed to using this printer.  I just needed to get this project sent out.

After reading several “How To’s” and searching YouTube. They all seemed to use this technique or hack.

I still had no luck.  After creating the PDF when I opened it in Acrobat or Reader, the text was still in font form.  
The solution was to open the PDF in Acrobat and convert it from there, as mentioned. 
Again, THANK YOU gang for jumping in and helping out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines