Highlighted

InDesign 2020 crashes while opening a file. Error "File 'appears to be damaged and cannot be opened'

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. My file would open for a few seconds at a time and then consistently make my indesign crash (on Indesign CC 2019). I presumed it had something to do with me not having the latest version, so I updated it on the creative cloud, to get the Indesign 2020. When attempting to open the file in Indesign 2020, a message appears saying 'your file appears to be damaged' and cannot be opened. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

{Renamed by MOD}

Hi there,

So sorry to hear about this. If it is happening with a particular file, please email your file to Grp-idfile@adobe.com & we will take a look at the file. 

I must also inform you that file recovery can't be guaranteed with a 100% success. We'll surely try our best.

To prevent such file issues in future, please refer to this handy article on Identify and troubleshoot file issues.

Regards,

Srishti

Topics

Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

InDesign 2020 crashes while opening a file. Error "File 'appears to be damaged and cannot be opened'

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. My file would open for a few seconds at a time and then consistently make my indesign crash (on Indesign CC 2019). I presumed it had something to do with me not having the latest version, so I updated it on the creative cloud, to get the Indesign 2020. When attempting to open the file in Indesign 2020, a message appears saying 'your file appears to be damaged' and cannot be opened. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

{Renamed by MOD}

Hi there,

So sorry to hear about this. If it is happening with a particular file, please email your file to Grp-idfile@adobe.com & we will take a look at the file. 

I must also inform you that file recovery can't be guaranteed with a 100% success. We'll surely try our best.

To prevent such file issues in future, please refer to this handy article on Identify and troubleshoot file issues.

Regards,

Srishti

Topics

Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I have already emailed adobe, but they haven’t replied yet.
Thanks,
Niamh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just checked your email. I see that you could not share the file due to large file size. You may upload the file to the Creative Cloud (or similar service like Wetransfer or Dropbox) and share the link on the email. Please make sure that the file is not zipped. They get filtered by our IT team.

Regards!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines