• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CC 2020 crashes on launch on Windows/MAC due to Font manager

Participant ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Indesign CC 2020 (v 15.0) just crashes everytime when I start it - The crash reporter window opens then Indesign closes.

PC: 
- Intel Core i7-6700K
- 32GB RAM
- Geforce GTX 1070
- Windows 10 Pro - Version 1809

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this issue. I would request if you can share a few more details like:

• Crash Reporthttps://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/submit-crash-reports.html (Please submit crash report with same email address with which you are logged in on this community. This will help us find the logs at our end.)
  • For Windows Machine, check for Event Viewer logs. Go to Windows Start menu > Open Event Viewer > Windows Logs > Application > Look for recent error related to InDesign.
    event viewer.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

I have an update for you. We were able to fix this issue successfully. Please try the steps shared in this help article: https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/font-manager-crash.html and let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure if this will help anyone else, but I have had the same issue. Indesign 2020 crashing at launch. I read this post and then used Font Book on the Mac to disable all user fonts. This seemed to work as Indesign launched without any crash. I then turned on my user fonts in batches found that the font Comfortaa (a Google font) was causing my crash. Just thought I would mention it in case it helps someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the same issue on iMac and MacBook Pro / Catalina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need a better solution from Adobe than this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couldn't agree with you more! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same issue.... nothing else worked. i tried to copy all the fonts at once back in – carshed. Now i do it one by one, too.

*edit: i copied all the fonts back... First: All with the first Letter "A", then check if it works. Letter "B"... and so on.. this worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, it also crashed for me when I tried to dump them back in all at once. I have subsequently started using FontBase to manage my fonts, so they are all stored in the FontBase root folder, and then I activate and deactivate them as I need them – so far so good (and it's free). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I have the same issue. I really need Indesign for a project I'm working on but InDesign 2020 keeps crashing and the previous version, that I re-installed now is having issues too. Any suggestions on what can be done?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try removing (sending to trash and then emptying the trash) all your fonts from you Font Folder – Library/Fonts (NB: copy them onto a back up folder on your desktop / or an external harddrive before you trash them). That worked for me atleast. Then try adding the fonts back to the Font folder in batches (start with the ones that you are using for your project in the mean time)  – if any adding any of the fonts back into the Font folder causes inDesign to crash then you'll figure out which font files are causing the issue.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Matthew, will do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all, it was definitely a font issue for me. I went into Font Book, selected all my fonts, right-clicked and chose Validate Fonts. I had some serious issues with some my fonts, so I went throught the list, checked the ones that were problematic and then chose Delete. I then tried opening INDD 2020 and presto, all good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adam - This definitely worked for me. I was deep in the "terminal" and everywhere else trying to fix the spinning pinwheel problem. Thanks so very much for posting your solution - so simple!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot! You save my life.
Works fine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

I gave this a go. Unfortunately it didn't work. Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

So sorry to hear that you are facing issues with InDesign. Font issue was reported in one of our earlier releases and was fixed in November itself. There could be multiple reasons why an application would crash. I would request if you could create a new thread along with the following details:

• Exact version of InDesign and operating system.
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently.
  • Does it gives any crash report? If yes, share it by following the steps shared here (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/submit-crash-reports.html ).
  • If you are on Windows machine, check for error related to InDesign in Event viewer.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We have a fix available for this issue.  Please try the steps shared in this help article: https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/font-manager-crash.html and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Srishti 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wouldn't it make more sense for this FIX to be posted at the begining of this thread? I think that would be more helpful. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you it worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti

I tried this and it didn't work.

I need to find a solution to why Indesign 2020 keeps crashing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rachel,

Sorry to hear about this issue. I would request if you can share a few more details like:

• Operating system you are working on.
  • Submit crash report with your email address: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/submit-crash-reports.html
  • If you are on Windows system, please share event viewer logs as well. Press Windows+R to open the Run dialog, enter eventvwr (or eventvwr.msc) and hit OK. On Event Viewer window click Windows Logs > Application > Error.
    event viewer.png

We’re here to help, just need more info.   

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everyone, for what it's worth, I am having the same issues with a simple "copy" command. Turned off fonts, blah, blah. Kept crashing. I reinstalled the last version 14. and it works just fine. Not sure what the problem is but Adobe should get this fixed if we are all having so many problems. Have a great day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

could you please send me a link for it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti,

I get this error altghough I followed the instruction carefuly (Extracted the file)Untitled.png

and I have the latest update of InDesign installed V 15.0.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Sorry to hear about this issue. Looks like program folder for application has some issues. We might have to reinstall the application. Before we start troubleshooting, I would request that if you can share a few more details like:

• Operating system you are working on.
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently. 
  • Do you get message when you launch InDesign or some other action?
  • Is the issue related to a specific document? If yes, could you please share the document with us? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud and share the download link. 
  • Where the files are saved (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System /External HDD)? 

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same issues.  Installed 15.0.2 on Win10, 64bit.  Crashes soon after loading or loads files and freezes trying to do font changes or pretty much anything. Happens with various docs. 

Tried the fix above and get the 15.0 error mesg noted above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fix for this issue is now available in the latest update of InDesign 2020 – that is, InDesign 15.0.1

In the Creative Cloud Desktop application, click on the Updates section on the left. You should be able to see the Update available for InDesign. Please update your InDesign application to this version and let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines