• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2020 crashing on macOS Big Sur

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so frustrating, I've already uninstalled the latest software upgrade because Illustrator kept crashing, not its inDesign. Can we just get it together, please? This version 16.02.2, shall I go one below to make sure that I don't crash every 10 min! Please advise. Thanks

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system? What processor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacOS Big Sur 11.2.3

3.3 GHZ 6core intel 5i

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the crashing! I am hopeful that the issue is fixed by now. If not, would request if you could try the steps shared on this page (https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/advanced-troubleshooting-for-launch-issues/td-p/11394034?pag...) and share your observations with us.

Also, please confirm a few more details like:

• Is the issue is related to a specific document? If yes, could you please share the document with us? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the download link. 
  • Does it seem to crash at random or after a particular action?

We're here to help, just need more info.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

No, unfortunately, the situation has not improved. I just stopped using it.  It really crashes randomly, but maybe more when I'm saving a file.  Files are not heavy or troublesome.

Thanks,

B

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh no! Could you please confirm where you are saving the files (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System /External HDD)? 

Also, please share the crash logs by following these steps: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/submit-crash-reports.html 

While submitting the crash report please use the same email address, with which you are signed in on this community. This will help us find the crash report and help accordingly. 

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines