Highlighted

InDesign 2020 - Cursor Glitch - Getting Stuck

Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 

I'm a graphic design student and me and another classmate ran into the same issue in InDesign 2020. 

Both using MacBook Pro - Mojave 10.14.6 + CC 5.0.0.354 + InDesign 2020 (Not sure if this is an issue with the CC or InDesign update)

The cursor would alter/glitch between the InDesign style and the iOS style, unfortunetly I don't have any photo/video proof. 
It would get stuck on a grid point and not go to the right place I'm pulling my mouse, and be very very slow. 

This issue happens both on the trackpad and bluetooth mouse; Logitech MX Master 2S. 

I did find a 'bandaid' solution to the problem. I pulled my InDesign file to an older iMac and converted the file to InDesign 2018, then when I pulled it back on my Macbook the glitch was no more. But you can see why this solution won't work for everyone, or they would have to uninstall and re-install and older version (I haven't tried this).

Trouble shooting techniques I tried before exporting (that didn't work):

• Uninstall - Reinstall InDesign
  • Restarted InDesign
  • Turn off GPU Performance
  • Turn off Snap to Guides 
  • Restarted my Computer 

I'm posting this because I did read almost every older forum regarding a similar issue that took place in 2017; the fix was to update to High Sierra OS, although I don't want to downgrade my computer software. It seems like this error has popped up again! Hopefully this post will bring it to Adobe's attention so they can fix it properly, and not just a bandaid fix. 

Let me know if you're having the same issue or if you found another solution. Worried it's going to start again at any point.. 

Thanks! Looking forward to the responses!

P.S. BobLevine - don't need your condsending tone on this thread. 

TOPICS
Bug, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

InDesign 2020 - Cursor Glitch - Getting Stuck

Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 

I'm a graphic design student and me and another classmate ran into the same issue in InDesign 2020. 

Both using MacBook Pro - Mojave 10.14.6 + CC 5.0.0.354 + InDesign 2020 (Not sure if this is an issue with the CC or InDesign update)

The cursor would alter/glitch between the InDesign style and the iOS style, unfortunetly I don't have any photo/video proof. 
It would get stuck on a grid point and not go to the right place I'm pulling my mouse, and be very very slow. 

This issue happens both on the trackpad and bluetooth mouse; Logitech MX Master 2S. 

I did find a 'bandaid' solution to the problem. I pulled my InDesign file to an older iMac and converted the file to InDesign 2018, then when I pulled it back on my Macbook the glitch was no more. But you can see why this solution won't work for everyone, or they would have to uninstall and re-install and older version (I haven't tried this).

Trouble shooting techniques I tried before exporting (that didn't work):

• Uninstall - Reinstall InDesign
  • Restarted InDesign
  • Turn off GPU Performance
  • Turn off Snap to Guides 
  • Restarted my Computer 

I'm posting this because I did read almost every older forum regarding a similar issue that took place in 2017; the fix was to update to High Sierra OS, although I don't want to downgrade my computer software. It seems like this error has popped up again! Hopefully this post will bring it to Adobe's attention so they can fix it properly, and not just a bandaid fix. 

Let me know if you're having the same issue or if you found another solution. Worried it's going to start again at any point.. 

Thanks! Looking forward to the responses!

P.S. BobLevine - don't need your condsending tone on this thread. 

TOPICS
Bug, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 29, 2019 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I were condescending, you'd know. You reopened a three year old thread to blame Adobe for an Apple bug and just went on ranting.
Any way, just thought I'd answer that last part of your post.
Good luck, you're going to need it with that attitude.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 29, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

huh - so posting my similar experience on a public forum built to help solve problems was ranting... hm. 

Thanks for the no help you always seem to provide. 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 29, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check to see if your video card needs an update. While the Mac OS update will update the card eventually, it isn't always the latest (since Apple does not want to deal with support calls that are not really their problem). Go directly to the video card company and look up the card you have.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 30, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying to figure out if it was a bug or my bluetooth mouse possibly dying too.

I would be making text boxes and it stutters and doesn't complete the drag. I'm on Macbook Pro 2010 - High Sierra 10.13.6 and I'm trying the temporary solutions from this answer: https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/54545/Trackpad+suddenly+over+is+sensitive#answer572309

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2020 0