Highlighted

InDesign 2020 does not load Windows 10 font

Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a font that worked great on my MacBook Pro with CS5, then I got a Windows 10 machine and got InDesign CC.

TastyBirds is a font I use for a client's brand. It's an OTF font that has 5 variations - Regular, Bold, Sans, Sans Bold and Fried.

Windows sees them all. InDesign sees everything but Regular. 

I've tried downloading it from different sources, installing and re-installing... nothing has worked for my Regular friend. All the 2019 articles suggest that I could copy this font file to InDesigns Program Files Font folder to force InDesign to see it - but that path doesn't exist for me.

I've opened the font using FontForge to make sure all the table attributes are complete. It looks all good. 

I'm at a loss. I welcome any ideas! 

InDesignFont.PNG

WindowsFont.PNG

  

Correct answer by wildkitty | Community Beginner

I'm sheepishly responding to my own post. 

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe InDesign 2020\Fonts totally exists. I initially went into the wrong Program Files (the 64-bit one...)

I dropped the Regular font in and it now works. 

I'd still love to know why this is happening and if I should just be dropping fonts I exclusively use in InDesign in there instead of installing them to Windows... is this a best practice? or not recommended?

Topics

How to, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

InDesign 2020 does not load Windows 10 font

Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a font that worked great on my MacBook Pro with CS5, then I got a Windows 10 machine and got InDesign CC.

TastyBirds is a font I use for a client's brand. It's an OTF font that has 5 variations - Regular, Bold, Sans, Sans Bold and Fried.

Windows sees them all. InDesign sees everything but Regular. 

I've tried downloading it from different sources, installing and re-installing... nothing has worked for my Regular friend. All the 2019 articles suggest that I could copy this font file to InDesigns Program Files Font folder to force InDesign to see it - but that path doesn't exist for me.

I've opened the font using FontForge to make sure all the table attributes are complete. It looks all good. 

I'm at a loss. I welcome any ideas! 

InDesignFont.PNG

WindowsFont.PNG

  

Correct answer by wildkitty | Community Beginner

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe InDesign 2020\Fonts totally exists. I initially went into the wrong Program Files (the 64-bit one...)

I'd still love to know why this is happening and if I should just be dropping fonts I exclusively use in InDesign in there instead of installing them to Windows... is this a best practice? or not recommended?

Topics

How to, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 06, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 06, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it an Opentype font?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 06, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's an OTF font. So, yes. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 06, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Glad to see that you were able to fix the issue. You can install fonts on the machine or you can use a font management app. Please find more information on help article https://www.adobe.com/products/type/install-instructions.html#

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 15, 2020 0