Highlighted

Indesign 2020 frame fit buttons missing

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign 2020. The frame fit function was there in the option bar at the top a while ago when I downloaded the new version of InDesign, and all of a sudden since I've restarted my machine the frame fitting functions are just GONE. The tickmark is ON in the settings but it's not showing up. The "vertical justification" function is also missing. THIS IS INFURIATING!!!!!! (and don't tell me to un-tick some options, I've done it and it didn't work)

Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 18.26.13.png

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Laubender | Adobe Community Professional

Hi MadMarski,

the reason is a change in the user interface, a redesign of icons I think, so that the Control panel cannot show the number of icons and controls than before. I don't like that as well.

The workaround could be:

Change the resolution of your display to a larger number if possible.

Or use the individual panels you can reach from the Window menu.

Also the relative new Properties panel.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Indesign 2020 frame fit buttons missing

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign 2020. The frame fit function was there in the option bar at the top a while ago when I downloaded the new version of InDesign, and all of a sudden since I've restarted my machine the frame fitting functions are just GONE. The tickmark is ON in the settings but it's not showing up. The "vertical justification" function is also missing. THIS IS INFURIATING!!!!!! (and don't tell me to un-tick some options, I've done it and it didn't work)

Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 18.26.13.png

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Laubender | Adobe Community Professional

Hi MadMarski,

the reason is a change in the user interface, a redesign of icons I think, so that the Control panel cannot show the number of icons and controls than before. I don't like that as well.

The workaround could be:

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 06, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MadMarski,

The workaround could be:

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 06, 2020 0