• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2020 freezing on Windows 10 machine while working on files saved on Network

Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working from home, unfortunately with InDesign. I'm signing in to my company's servers to work. Several times a day I get the spinning blue wheel on opening a file over the connection. Technically it's not a crash; I can usually still "work," but it's insanely slow and constantly interrupted by the blue wheel. I usually just force quit and restart, and then it's fine again, for a while.

Ideas? Working in 15.0.3 on Windows 10.0.18362, Precision 7740

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Hi there, 

Sorry to hear about this trouble. Though we have limited support on Network and VM related issues( https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/illustrator-support-networks-removable-media.html) but from personal experience I would suggest you few things which you must check: 

• Update application to 15.1 and see if that helps.
  • Check if this is happening with your user account only or with multiple users.
  • Check if there is any antivirus or if there is any end point security or if ther

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you considered copying the file to your local hard drive; working on it there; then copying it back to the server?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, but that gets incredibly tedious - I'm making updates to files all day, and having to pull them off, make changes and reupload every time is kind of ridiculous. I just don't know why InDesign in particular is getting hung up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2020 Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I hope your issue has been resolved. But if the issue still persists, please let us know so that we can assist you.

If any of the above-mentioned solutions have worked for you, kindly mark the answer correct. 

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue has not been resolved. Maybe 10 times a day I wind up force quitting InDesign. It's always when I open a file over the connection and I aleady have one open. It happened just now, which is why I came back here. Something gets hung up and work becomes impossible. Very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there, 

Sorry to hear about this trouble. Though we have limited support on Network and VM related issues( https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/illustrator-support-networks-removable-media.html) but from personal experience I would suggest you few things which you must check: 

• Update application to 15.1 and see if that helps.
  • Check if this is happening with your user account only or with multiple users.
  • Check if there is any antivirus or if there is any end point security or if there is any restriction imposed by your IT Team. Due to this sometimes server does not allow application to work but you are able to work on local drives.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines