Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2020 hanging on "Executing startup services"

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am hoping I can get some help here, i've been having a lot of trouble with InDesign and hoping someone might know how to help resolve.

I am an administrator for my organisation, and we have a project to get an InDesign plugin called xPresso by xPressions working. This requires InDesign 2020 rather than 2021 and we run this on a VM hosted in AWS. Adobe CC is kept up to date during the whole process.

The OS build is Windows 10 x64 Enterprise build 1909. InDesign will install as normal, however when launching, it hangs on "Executing startup services". I have tried versions 15.0 and 15.1.3 and I get the same problems on some users with both. It's worth noting, I have 1 dev user on 15.1.3 working fine, and my dev machine is running 15.0 without issues. However, 2 other dev users are getting this issue with both versions.

I've tried multiple reinstalls, rebuilding their VM's, there are no fonts to remove in the Adobe root folders, there is really nothing else I can think to do as these are fresh installs.

Does anyone have any experience with this issue? I can't see any logs in the Adobe root folders which I can use to determine at what stage this is getting to before it freezes. I've been working on this for basically a solid week now and i'm now completely out of ideas.

Any help would be massively appreciated!

TOPICS
Activation billing and install , Bug , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

We're extremely sorry to hear about this trouble. It looks like we need to troubleshoot this on a live session. I have sent you a DM with some details, please check. 

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines