• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign 2020 not opening. The older version does

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, for some reason I have 2 version of Indesign on my creative cloud : InDesign 14.0.3 and InDesign 15.0.1. I'm only working on the newer version (2020), but the application doesn't open, only the older version does. I've tried to restart the program, and my Mac - but nothing changes.

How can I fix that?

Thank you! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. You can install multiple versions of Adobe app on OS. If you are launching the app from the launchpad then probably you have old version pinned there.

If you just want to use the latest version, you can uninstall the old version. Follow instructions on https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html to do that.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Launch pad? Is, and have there ever been, anyone that uses that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly do you mean with will not work? If you doubble click on the InDesign 2020 application icon inside the folder Adobe InDesign 2020 located in the Apps folder of your HD? Or do you mean that if you double click on a document it then opens in the older version? That second method is not considered good practice by the way, if  you have several versions installed it is better to open the App first and the choose File / Open to select the document. If however you still prefer to open the correct Application by double clicking a document, then change the file and app association in the Mac Finder: select a document, choose Show Info in the Finder, select Open with, then select your preferred version and make sure to Apply to All is set.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines