Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2020 or 2021 does not open after Mac OS upgrade to Catalina 10.15.7

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

urgent call for help! I upgraded MacOS to Catalina 10.15.7 last night. This morning I opened my document in InDesign 2020 and worked on a document. I just tried to continue working on the document and I cannot open either InDesign 2020 or 2021. Help! I need to work! I have restarted twice.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Do you get any error while trying to launch the app?

Have you tried resetting preferences? If not, please try doing that by following instructions below:

• Close all adobe applications 
  • Go to Locations:  
  • ~/Library/Caches 
  • ~/Library/Preferences 
  • Rename Adobe InDesign and com.adobe.indesign to Adobe InDesign.old and com.adobe.indesign.old 
  • Launch InDesign from the CC 

***Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try uninstalling the application(s) from the Creative Cloud desktop app. Then reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Do you get any error while trying to launch the app?

Have you tried resetting preferences? If not, please try doing that by following instructions below:

• Close all adobe applications 
  • Go to Locations:  
  • ~/Library/Caches 
  • ~/Library/Preferences 
  • Rename Adobe InDesign and com.adobe.indesign to Adobe InDesign.old and com.adobe.indesign.old 
  • Launch InDesign from the CC 

***Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and InDesign will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folders and InDesign will recreate new folders with default settings.

Let us know how it goes. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines