• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign 2020 running extremely slow and hanging with every click of the mouse.

Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just started happening maybe about four weeks ago - sometimes it runs great other times I have to restart it several times before it will work.  It lags on everything I do - rotating blue circle on every task or click of the mouse.  

I have not installed anything new or using any new programs  - I used to be able to have photoshop and/or illustrator open along with indesign until this started happening... now I close everything but in design.   (I am on Windows 10 Pro version 1903, using a brand new Dell Intel(R) Core(TM i7-9700K with sufficient graphics card.) 

Tried to chat with Adobe a week or so ago but sat there for an hour with no response... any help is appreciated. 

Thanks! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing is happening to me. A few days ago InDesign 2020 was running perfectly. I didn't change any settings and now it lags whenever I click a new object. I click on the object, Nothing happens for a second. I get the beachball for a second. and then I can move the object. Very frustrating.

Can someone at Adobe please let us know how to resolve these common issues?

Windows 10 64 bit

32G Ram

Intel Xeon E5 1620 v3 3.5ghz

NVidia Quadro K2200

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very frustrating - it started happening to me 4-5 weeks ago I think.  Yesterday I reinstalled Adobe CC 2019 14.0.3 because I couldnt take it anymore... and things are working just fine, except for having to convert every file I have back to 2019....takes a little time.  

Please Adobe look into this issue, CC subscribers should be able to use the latest software and not have to go back to older versions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I talked to an agent on web chat and they reset my settings via remote connection, and nothing was resolved. I tried to open a chat again on the same ticket and they wanted me to start from square 1 explaining the issue so I'm giving up for today. I might have to go back to inDesign 2019 as well.

Dear Adobe. Fix your software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear that - but amazed you got through to someone - I may try a webchat again -but last time no one came on for an hour... I get these are trying times lately... 

2019 seems to be working for me... might be the only option until the world gets back to normal... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although it's a pity there's no blanket solution for this, it's not possible to let Adobe fix something for which they don't have a proper diagnose. Fortunately for many others, but unfortunate for you, it's not a commonly appearing bug or flaw, so there must be something very specific bothering your configuration. The only way to find out to what it is related to (and what not), is to perform more extensive testing...

E.g. you state "it lags on everything I do", but isn't there any pattern or moment or action to be found ? Does it happen in new documents, older documents, all documents ? In documents from some one else too ? When there's no document open ? Are Proof Colors switched on, default ? And what has already been tested: deleting Preferences, removing/re-installing InDesign (i.e. try a different language for the sake of testing) ? Did you try disconnecting/reconnecting from network, or try working without network ? You must change the current situation repeatedly in order to notice a pattern or clue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, do you officially work for Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I'm not sugar-coating the problem, not covering up for Adobe, just trying to help others in my free time.

But after over 30 years working with Adobe (and many other) software, helping users, and coaching support departments, one tends to understand that software will always have bugs, flaws, discrepancies, and various idiosyncrasies, making the user's life a mess and costing much time and worries. And the only way to get a solution or maybe just a make-shift remedy, is to get a proper diagnose by testing thoroughly, and discovering a pattern.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

for me its -- I have more than one document - when I close and individual document window, it takes 5 secs before I can click another window and have it function

My machine specs are :
Intel Core i7 - 9700F CPU @ 3.00 GHZ 8 core 64 GB of ram 64 bit operating system NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 with 164 MB memory Monitor is BenQ PD3200U 4K UHD - hooked up via HDMI

and
Mac mini (M1, 2020) - 16GB Ram - 2TB SSD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines