Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10, ran most recent update.

Re-installed NVidia graphics drivers

Used Adobe Cleaner to Remove InDesign and Re-install

Problem Persists:

Faulting application name: InDesign.exe, version: 15.0.2.323, time stamp: 0x5e4c34a9
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.18362.778, time stamp: 0x0c1bb301
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000009fb47
Faulting process id: 0x9a0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d61e34cf62f92b
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe InDesign 2020\InDesign.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 79f71801-b913-4c46-888a-859ca89c0de1
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Thank you for sharing the details, Michael. You may try following these steps and let us know how it goes:

1. Reset Preferences:

• Close all Adobe applications.
  • Go to Locations :
  • C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Adobe
  • C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Adobe.
  • Rename InDesign folders to InDesign.old
  • Launch InDesign from CC.

Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and InDesign will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folde

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing with InDesign. This is an operating system error. Could you please try the steps shared here (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-crash-with-ntdlldll/9aa59f80-99a1-4f3c-b2f...) and let us know how it goes. 

If that doesn't help, please try creating a new user account with Admin privileges and check how InDesign works there.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cannot make a new account, it's a company account. InDesign is the only app on my system causing this crash.
Regsvr32 results in this issue:

Michael_MWW_0-1588174464933.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the details, Michael. You may try following these steps and let us know how it goes:

1. Reset Preferences:

• Close all Adobe applications.
  • Go to Locations :
  • C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Adobe
  • C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Adobe.
  • Rename InDesign folders to InDesign.old
  • Launch InDesign from CC.

Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and InDesign will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folders and InDesign will recreate new folders with default settings.

2. If that doesn't help, try booting the system into Safe Mode (https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode) and check how it works there.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - trashing both of these folder completely seems to have done the trick for now.

FYR: recommending registering ntdll.dll does not seem to be a valid solution path in any situation as this dll does not seem to have this feature built into it.:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-performance/problem-registering-a-dll-wi...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, didn't last long; and now trashing those folders won't fix it:

Faulting application name: InDesign.exe, version: 15.0.2.323, time stamp: 0x5e4c34a9
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.18362.778, time stamp: 0x0c1bb301
Exception code: 0xc0000374  (STATUS_HEAP_CORRUPTION)

- Tried original solution of trashing preference folders

- Tried Logging Out/Logging in again

- Tried disabling font activation 

Problem persists. Problems seems to be triggered by creating custom Workspace. I have two monitors. And I relocate all palettes to second monitor. Within a couple uses of this, the error triggers, and the program crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BUMP! PROBLEM CONTINUES.

Crash DUMP:
Dump Summary
------------
Dump File: https://pastebin.com/kf6czWSP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh no! Sorry to hear about this, Michael. We are getting couple of issues related to DLL errors on Windows machines. Are there any system updates installed recently?

Also, please try following these steps and let us know how it goes:

• Close All the Applications. 
  • Go to Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features. 
  • Right click Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 (x64)/  2017-2019 (x64). 
  • Click Change > Repair. 
    Repair Microsoft Visual C++ 1.pngRepair Microsoft Visual C++.png
  • Restart the system. 
  • Relaunch InDesign and check how it works. 

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue on reboot.

Logged out <-SUSPECT THIS PROCESS

Wiped preference files again

Log back-in

Working - FOR NOW...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exited Adobe Creative Cloud APP (Stay signed in was checked at last login).

Open InDesign, Open file, App becomes non-responsive before loading file:

InDesign_WaitChain.JPG

Re-open InDesign - Attempt to Re-Open File - Back into crash loop - File Opens, fails to complete process floating palettes on secondary monitor; App crashes before allowing any editing function.

Having to audible and regularly use Adobe Illustrator to solve page layout design issues in the meantime - not ideal.

Fresh login, same issue occurs...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't sound good.  It looks like we need to troubleshoot this on a live session. Please head here (https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html) and select the chat button in the lower-right corner of the page. We can help troubleshoot faster that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Corporate Account - due to administrative settings, this option does not seem to be available...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Ran latest updates from today. Logged out, Rebooted, Logged in. Opened App = Crashed immediately after load.

2. Refreshed preferences from a backup. Opened. Crashed immediately.
3. Completely removed "AppData> Local + Roaming >Adobe>InDesign" folders. Restarted program. Crashed after loading "new in this version"; Restarted app about 3 times until stabilized...currently working.

Hope this helps you figure out where the leaks/issues/ghosts in the machine are...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi on load this is crashing everytime with a error ntdll.dll

Indesign starts a little more then crashes back to desktop.
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.18362.418, time stamp: 0x99ca0526
Exception code: 0xc0000374

I then launch InDesign and proceed to open a file it crashes again so I uninstall InDesign and remove preferences

I run the InDesign install for the same version 15.0.2
I launch InDesign it doesn't load
I launch InDesign with ctrl-alt-shift and it opens for a while but crashes - same ntdll error...

so I make sure windows is fully up to date - no change - 
Please what is the cause of this?

we are a paying business is there a different business support?

{Renamed by MOD}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Briana,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing with InDesign. This is an operating system error. Could you please try the steps shared on this similar discussion (https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/indesign-2020-crashing-on-launch-on-windows-10/m-p/11090680) and let us know how it goes.

If that doesn't help, please try creating a new user account with Admin privileges and check how InDesign works there.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thankyou so much for your reply.

Are you able to point me to the info that outlines the requirements for privelages if this may help?

I have and performed the tasks I reported as Administrator- and have done this again including removing the userprofiles folders.

I had the same result as below. 

I find it suspect for this to be Operating System fault, there was no change to the OS over that time, and I have 2 other identical machines and software, they are not affected, I have also run system file checker and it finds no fault

Fault offset: 0x00000000000f9229
Faulting process id: 0x488c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d624319e61249a
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe InDesign 2020\InDesign.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 97277af0-5723-4fd1-b48f-5aee296af9e3
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, 

also in your other posts where you suggest removing appdata as the fix you also go on to say adobe has published a fix for the same issue- however we have already got that fix as we are using a later version

Thankyou

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like we need to troubleshoot this on a live session. Please head here (https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html) and select the chat button in the lower-right corner of the page. We can help troubleshoot faster that way.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frankly this is just too complicated.

Why does not Adobe just fix it from its end?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I understand your frustration. This error is related to Windows dll and cannot be resolved within the app, however, we can help you on a live session. Please head here (https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html) and select the chat button in the lower-right corner of the page. We can help troubleshoot faster that way.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I just experienced this issue today with every single program in my Adobe Cloud. I spent 2 hours with support on remote access to figure this out. They referred me to contact Microsoft to fix my ntdll.dll file. I have tried to open PS, ID, LR, and AI, and my program will shut down within a few seconds. 
During our session, we updated Windows, worked with AI, and reset preferences. I pay monthly for a service and I need to do homework assignments. This is super frustrating!

Windows 10 Pro Version 21H1OS Build 19043.1110 64Bit
Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core 3.60 GHz
16.0 RAM

My error code for PS:
Faulting application name: Photoshop.exe, version: 22.4.2.242, time stamp: 0x60b7c648
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1081, time stamp: 0x088bf621
Fault offset: 0x00000000000ff199
Faulting process id: 0x3540
Faulting application start time: 0x01d77847f6b86343
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2021\Photoshop.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: bfac68b7-be73-4536-8f3a-098c206df552

Error Code of AI:
Faulting application name: Illustrator.exe, version: 25.3.1.390, time stamp: 0x60cace03
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1081, time stamp: 0x088bf621
Fault offset: 0x00000000000ff199
Faulting process id: 0x4b58
Faulting application start time: 0x01d77850dbb2cafa
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 2021\Support Files\Contents\Windows\Illustrator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 4d52f52c-76dd-45d6-a766-7e29b411be72

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wanted to add some of the other steps we did.

Repaired Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 (x64)/  2017-2019 (x64) in app screen
Created a new account with admin rights

Nothing helped me at all. I am now on day 2 of programs not working and support chat is no help at all. The tech I was directed to said she is only an AI person and could not help me with the other programs. If what she tried didn't work, I would be escalated. In fact, I was not escalated and sent to Microsoft.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines