Highlighted

InDesign 2020 slow performance on macOS Catalina

Participant ,
Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I've recently discovered and posted on the Adobe Indesign comminuty board that if you change the colour PREFS from LG UltraFine to Apple RGB in the display settings, all works brilliant. Seems that there is an issue with Adobe's code with LG UltraFine monitors. Pass this on please.

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

InDesign 2020 slow performance on macOS Catalina

Participant ,
Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I've recently discovered and posted on the Adobe Indesign comminuty board that if you change the colour PREFS from LG UltraFine to Apple RGB in the display settings, all works brilliant. Seems that there is an issue with Adobe's code with LG UltraFine monitors. Pass this on please.

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 23, 2020 1
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for reaching out. Our Product team is already aware of this issue and they are currently investigating it. Please upvote this issue here (https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/39583759-cc-2020-catali...) and stay tuned for updates.

I would also request if you could share the InDesign preferences folders for further investigation. To do that, please try following these steps:

• Go to following locations:
  • ~/Library/Caches
  • ~/Library/Preferences
  • Copy-Paste Adobe InDesign folders to Creative Cloud folder.
  • Go to https://assets.adobe.com/ and click three dot next to indesign folders then choose Get link
  • Share the download link here.

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 24, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nicholas,

Thank you so much for sharing this. Would you be able to explain how to change this setting? I can't seem to find anything called 'Display settings' specifically. I just tried changing the colour working space from s.RGB etc to Apple RGB, however, I'm not sure that's the same thing as what your are referring to, as LG Ultrafine is not an option in that list. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 12, 2020 0
Participant ,
Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JBark, go to System Preferences (On your MAC, look on your DOC, its the icon that's grey and looks like a cog from a watch) - then Displays - then Colour - then choose the Apple RGB profile 😃

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 13, 2020 1