Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2020 slow performance on Windows 10

Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Last week I bought a new computer (Specs: i7-9700K, NVIDIA GTX2070, RAM 32gb, 512gb + 4tb storage), and installed CC2020. However, after opening the software (esp Illustrator, InDesign or Acrobat) my computer becomes sluggish - typing gets slow, selecting objects in Illustrator becomes unresponsive, etc. I have read several posts about this subject over the years, but there does not seem to be a good solution to this - maybe reverting back to an old version is the best one can do? Does anyone else have the same issue with this latest update?

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue on two very powerful machines. It seems to get worse the longer I use the program. I've reinstalled it, erased all the preferences, turned preflight off, and even turned off most other applications. My machines are an i9 build with 64GB ram running on NVME M.2 drives and a new Ryzen 3950x build with 64 GB ram and on nvme M.2 pci 4.0 drives. Both are on fully updated Windows 10 Pro.  Just trying to switch tools leads to multi-second delays. The only thing that resolves it temporarily is restarting. This has become maddening enough for me to be seriously looking at Affinity Publisher to see if I can adapt my muti-magazine design workflow to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. We'll be happy to help. Have you tried the steps already suggested in this post?

If yes and you still have issues, I'd recommend contacting Adobe live support on https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html (click on chat icon at the bottom right corner to begin conversation). The support team there will be able to perform remote troubleshooting and help you out accordingly.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issues. i9-9900/32GB RAM/RTX 2070 on Windows 10. Indesign is slower than any of my 3D applications. Even Houdini runs faster. Adobe is just not even trying anymore.

Indesign will just randomly slow down, lag, delay, and freeze even when working with just text and vector shapes.

I dread using it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you have tried all the above ideas, including the active wallpaper idea, in the comments all the way through this thread?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you working on files that use a document fonts folder? If so, rename the folder and install the fonts properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, all fonts are local on my machine. I have no idea about the interactive background. I would assume it's animated? My background is just the windows default.

I haven't trudged through that massive workflow of renaming things yet. Hopefully it will help I just don't want to waste my life doing that yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Design on my Windows 10 is unusable too.  It's so bad that I've got to switch to Microsoft Word just to get this document out on time.
Windows 10 Pro Version 2004, Xeon 3.5Ghz, 32 GB RAM, nVidia Quadro, SSD.

Simon - Yes My Lord Ltd.
Professional Freelance Editor of UK Television Programmes.
And owner of B2B Creative Agency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

same here, with ID 2021, latest version. I can't work anymore with ID, I'll have to wait for seconds for any actions, e.g. moving an image. It's getting worse and worse. Adobe has to fix it instead of giving the same solutions each time 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines