Highlighted

InDesign 2020 User Interface Too Small

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been unable to increase the size of the User Interface in InDesign. I am using a Lenovo Yoga laptop with 64 bit Windows 10. Illustrator and Photoshop are scaled up (too big but at least I can read them without squinting) and InDesign is not. Below is an image of the comparison between the two.

scaling.JPG

The settings under Preferences > UI Scaling only make the application appear smaller.

Thank you for your advice and support...

Topics

Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

InDesign 2020 User Interface Too Small

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been unable to increase the size of the User Interface in InDesign. I am using a Lenovo Yoga laptop with 64 bit Windows 10. Illustrator and Photoshop are scaled up (too big but at least I can read them without squinting) and InDesign is not. Below is an image of the comparison between the two.

scaling.JPG

The settings under Preferences > UI Scaling only make the application appear smaller.

Thank you for your advice and support...

Topics

Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the O/S UI scaling set to? The only choices that work well is 150 and 200 and then you can match them in InDesign.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I concur. This is the still an issue with InDesign 2020 15.1.1 x64. I have a HP Zbook X2 with a 4k display built in. The interface settings do not improve the scaling enough to make the program fully usable. The default scale for this device is the 300%.  I do not have thise issue with Illustrator or PS. 
I did not have this issue with my Macbook Pro when running on OS X. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right. It is only InDesign.

For the life of me I don't get it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also finding that when I use two monitors on a Windows system, the entire InDesign window can go haywire, enlarge beyond the screen. Royal PITA to get back to anything that's usable.

And if the screen's pixel resolution settings are changed, several InDesign dialogue boxes are clipped off.

Can't believe we're having this basic problem at this stage of the programming industry.

Bevi Chagnon | Designer & Technologist for Accessible InDesign + PDFs | Books @ www.PubCom.com/books — NEW! Accessible InDesign + PDF

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree.

The UI scaling tech in InDesign dates back to Windows Vista. It should be an embarrassment and what ticks me off even more is I can't even get anyone to acknowledge it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing this same issue posted beginning in 2018... 2 years and no resolution whatsoever

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe doesn't care about this.

It's remarkable that they won't even provide an explanation.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well hell.  I was all excited to start learning InDesign this morning and this was the first issue ... the UI super small.

Sounds like it's known and at this point, there's nothing that can be done?  Do I have that right?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
jmsobbe LATEST
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm with you. I would like to see an offical response from Adobe on this. This is affecting my usage of the program on my laptop. I have the HP Zbook X2, which is a product that debuted at Adobe Max in 2017. It's over 3 years later and the issue is still a problem. 

https://www.techrepublic.com/article/hp-unveils-worlds-first-detachable-pc-workstation-the-zbook-x2/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines