Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2020 v15.1.2 won't launch on mac

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I hope someone can help me with this. My InDesign won't launch on my Macbook Pro (MacOS Mojave 10.14.1). A grey screen will appear and it is loading for ever. Can't click on anything in the menubar of InDesign at the top of my screen. 

I checked for updates for Adobe CC and my mac, but everything is already up to date. I deleted the app twice and reinstalled it. I have reset my preferences. Read something about font/cache folder, but I can't find that in Finder.

Just bought a new license, so that won't be the problem. Don't have this problem with Photoshop and Illustrator.

It seems like nothing will help and I got a deadline coming up.

Hope one of you got a solution for me! 

Thank you in advance,

Lyonne

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. (Windows) Start InDesign, and then press Shift+Ctrl+Alt. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.
  2. (Mac OS) While pressing Shift+Option+Command+Control, start InDesign. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eugene,

I already tried that and it did not work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there, 

Sorry to hear about this trouble. There could be multiple reasons why an application would crash. I would like to know if the steps suggested above worked for you, or the issue still persists. You may also try following the steps shared here (https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/crash-on-launch.html ) and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines